The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

18 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

Scott Wright: Rangers to make approach for Aberdeen forward

Steven Gerrard's side could offer Wright a pre-contract now as he is out of contract at the end of the season but Sky Sports News understands Rangers are looking to do a deal in this window

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12185104/scott-wright-rangers-to-make-approach-for-aberdeen-forward

He looks a decent player. For all the supposed rivalry, we've had a habit of picking up good players from Pittodrie over the years.

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

yeah definitely a threat. 

perhaps we offer Stewart in return. 

Stewart was there and McInnis ruined what might have become a good season. He was used better at Killie, so I doubt he`ll go their of his own accord.

Wright looked good, at least much better then the rest of their ruffians. He will have a torrid time up there, should he sign a pre-contract, at least outside the ground.

47 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Stewart was there and McInnis ruined what might have become a good season. He was used better at Killie, so I doubt he`ll go their of his own accord.

Wright looked good, at least much better then the rest of their ruffians. He will have a torrid time up there, should he sign a pre-contract, at least outside the ground.

And once he's left. he'll never be able to return.

Wright has looked decent any time I have saw him. My issue is are we just replacing like for like when you see the level of a Stewart, Barker or Jones? I know we need a squad but I would much rather Kai Kennedy, for example, was given an opportunity from next season similar to Patterson this year.

34 minutes ago, MrGaryValentine said:

Wright has looked decent any time I have saw him. My issue is are we just replacing like for like when you see the level of a Stewart, Barker or Jones? I know we need a squad but I would much rather Kai Kennedy, for example, was given an opportunity from next season similar to Patterson this year.

He's not like-for-like: he's actually more suited to the position he'd play for us than Jones and Barker; and, at 23, he's younger than Stewart and Jones. 

I agree with giving youth a chance, but you need decent squad players alongside the youngsters.

Wright is a stand-out player in a 'good' Aberdeen side, whereas Kennedy is still only 18 and hasn't done much in Championship sides. 

To bring in Wright on the cheap, is a no-brainer, for me. 

40 minutes ago, MrGaryValentine said:

I'm sure the same questions were asked of Kamara when we signed him?