The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

30 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I'm sure the same questions were asked of Kamara when we signed him?

Please don't think I have said that because he plays in Scotland, that isn't the case. I actually thought Kamara looked a really tidy player when we signed him  - I didn't think he would grow into the Kamara we have today right enough - I just don't see where Scott Wright would fit in our team. Will he replace Kent, Roofe or Hagi for example? I can't see it, so for that reason I would rather we gave our Academy players a shot/game time.

Trust me, I would love nothing more that our team to be full of young Scottish players who go on to become the core of the National team.

3 hours ago, MrGaryValentine said:

Please don't think I have said that because he plays in Scotland, that isn't the case. I actually thought Kamara looked a really tidy player when we signed him  - I didn't think he would grow into the Kamara we have today right enough - I just don't see where Scott Wright would fit in our team. Will he replace Kent, Roofe or Hagi for example? I can't see it, so for that reason I would rather we gave our Academy players a shot/game time.

Trust me, I would love nothing more that our team to be full of young Scottish players who go on to become the core of the National team.

we have no back up to Kent and our entire philosophy is built partially on industrious wingers. 

McInnes confirming that Rangers approached Aberdeen after the game on Sunday about signing Wright on a pre-contract basis.  Also mentioned that there are board level discussions ongoing.  My guess is that Wright will be on his way to use before long

55 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

we have no back up to Kent and our entire philosophy is built partially on industrious wingers. 

The full-backs are our wingers.  The front three is based on Liverpool's system, where they are more or less interchangeable. 

I'd assume Barker, Stewart and Jones were brought in as back up to Kent and the other wide forward but they haven't looked great when the chance has arrived, hence why some might have slight concerns about SG's record in the Scottish market.

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

Exactly.

Wright is essentially a wide player.

In our squad at the moment we’ve only got Jones & Stewart as back -up for Kent.

Stewart hasn’t featured much this season & his contract is up at the end of the season.

Jones Im not sure has a future at Rangers.

My only concern about Wright is his injury record.

Edited by RANGERRAB

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

I added a link to TM`s list of primary and optional positions for players. While Kent IMHO is more a 4-3-3-line-up left-sided attacker, Jones, Barker, Stewart and Middleton are (to my eye) real left (or in Stewart`s case, right) wingers. TM also lists Morelos and Roofe for that 4-3-3 role and they are probably more up to that. Likewise, Kent and Roofe seemingly have some sort of free, what I call Brian Laudrup role. It is all about utilizing the squad and players to their strengths and the need at hand. In Kent´s case, we - IMHO - far too often keep him on when its not his day, game etc..

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/glasgow-rangers/kadernachposition/verein/124

Intrigued by this one. I need to see more of him. I know he was credited with bringing Aberdeen back into it when he came on against Celtic. Low risk and when we have the likes of Jones and Stewart surely on the way out soon it does seem a good option. 

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Fair enough, I will see what happens. He would be classed as a home grown player which I hadn't thought about either. Don't think we managed to use all our home grown slots this year in the Europa.

SHEFFIELD Wednesday winger Adam Reach is free to talk to foreign clubs over a potential summer move as his contract expires within the next six months.

Celtic and Rangers are both monitoring the situation and may make a move for the 27-year-old who was bought for £5milllion from Middlesbrough in 2016.

Reach has made more than 200 appearances for the Hillsborough club and while it is unlikely a foreign side will come in, the Scottish giants may once again take advantage of expiring contracts and cross-border transfer rules to bag bargain signings without having to pay a huge compensation fee.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19001323.championship-transfer-rumours-rangers-celtic-ready-reach-sheffield-wednesday-star/