The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

On 12/01/2021 at 16:52, MrGaryValentine said:

Fair enough, I will see what happens. He would be classed as a home grown player which I hadn't thought about either. Don't think we managed to use all our home grown slots this year in the Europa.

Exactly. For that selfsame reason we could do with such as Siriki Dembele if reported interest is true.

Edited by alexscottislegend
punctuation

3 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Funny, I would have said Gerd Muller, who gave my favourite all-time quote when challenged that he only ever scored goals and didn't 'track back' in the modern parlance:

"Listen, nobody ever ONLY scores goals." 

Yeah; and it wasn't like he only scored the odd goal. He was a 'striker' who 'struck'.

7 hours ago, der Berliner said:
Steven Gerrard on Scott Wright - discussions between Aberdeen and Rangers taking place. Signing him in this transfer window would be a bonus

Celtic and Rangers both want Liverpool's 23-year-old Nigerian forward, Taiwo Awoniyi, who is on loan at Bundesliga side Union Berlin. (90min)

Rangers are prepared to allow fringe forward Greg Stewart, who has had two previous spells with Aberdeen, to move to Pittodrie as part of a swap deal for winger Scott Wright, with both players out of contract this summer. (The Scotsman)

Rangers could agree a reduction in the fee due for Ross McCrorie, the midfielder on loan to Aberdeen pending a permanent move in the summer, in a deal to allow winger Scott Wright to join them from their Scottish Premiership rivals during January. (Scottish Sun)

I would be tempted to leave Wright at Aberdeen for the duration of the season - he may help them to more points against the Tims.

4 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Exactly. For that selfsame reason we could do with such as Siriki Dembele if reported interest is true.

Apparently the only reason that this lad got his contract at Grimsby was because of his brother, Karamoko - Karamoko signed his contract with Celtic, seemingly, only after Nike guaranteed they would get his brother a contract at another club.

Rangers were desperately trying to get Karamoko Dembele to sign for them at the time he signed for Celtic.  

12 minutes ago, craig said:

I would be tempted to leave Wright at Aberdeen for the duration of the season - he may help them to more points against the Tims.

If he indeed signs a pre-contract with us, life in Aberdeen will probably be miserable for him and his.

30 minutes ago, craig said:

Their fans certainly want him away now. They don’t want to see him play for them again, and any move now only benefits them financially. So for that reason part of me is happy to wait until the summer too. 

I think you have to bear in mind that your stats are going to be a lot lower playing for a team who have only scored a pitiful 28 goals in 21 games, compared to our 59 goals. A couple of encouraging stats in there, a very high number of through passes, and a very high shot on target % despite having a very low number of shots.