The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

16 minutes ago, Frankie said:

On the face of it another interesting signing for the defence. Given he's also left-sided, one wonders if Balogun and/or Helander will still be here next season?

Helander is here for the long term, nothing to do with him imo. It’s between Balogun, Katic and Edmundson. 

Balogun’s contract expires as he turns 33. I expect us to extend that by another year but I wouldn’t be a shocked if we didn’t. 

Katic is returning from a season out and in my opinion should be loaned out to regain fitness and see how he does. 

Edmundson’s COVID transgression may spell the end for him, I hope not. 

Two of those three won’t be here next season IMO, at this moment I would guess Katic goes on loan and Edmundson moves on but my preference would be for Edmundson to stay. 

Edited by DMAA

Yeah, with the season Goldson's having it wouldn't surprise me if there's interest in him. Albeit I've no knowledge of this player (or the Aberdeen player we've signed whose career to date has slipped well below my radar) I'm delighted we're looking to strengthen and increase competition. He's played at a decent level, he should, in theory, be good enough for this league and he keeps everyone on their toes. Great management.

On 25/01/2021 at 19:32, Bill said:

Excellent news. I hope his new contract included a clause about getting his hair sorted out.

I thin he is modelling his hair on Gerrard to help ensure he remains in the latter's good books. ?

17 hours ago, DMAA said:

Helander is here for the long term, nothing to do with him imo. It’s between Balogun, Katic and Edmundson. 

Balogun’s contract expires as he turns 33. I expect us to extend that by another year but I wouldn’t be a shocked if we didn’t. 

Katic is returning from a season out and in my opinion should be loaned out to regain fitness and see how he does. 

Edmundson’s COVID transgression may spell the end for him, I hope not. 

Two of those three won’t be here next season IMO, at this moment I would guess Katic goes on loan and Edmundson moves on but my preference would be for Edmundson to stay. 

I didnt realise Balogun was that age. Considering Simpson is 24 it seems like its one for the long term.

I am a Katic fan, the lengthy spell out will mean he is maybe off the pace for a while - which you have mentioned - but I do hope he gets back to the level of performance he is capable of.

The defence has almost been flawless this season so to be strengthening it is interesting to see what develops but its good to see the club thinking ahead with the aim no doubt being Champions League Group Stages.

Tavernier top goalscorer / Goldson immense and a leader and contributing with goals / Barasic best crosser in the league / McGregor as awesome as ever / 7 league goals conceded is ridiculous.

On a semi-related topic, Jason Cummings has joined Dundee from Shrewsbury. Looks like after an initial good start in England, he became some sort of archetypical journeyman. Might be a loose canon at times, but sure has the talent to be a good goalscorer. As many others, was asked to play a role at Rangers that was never his ... and come to think of it, only this season we have found the players to play it. Sometimes you wonder whether it would have been better to adjust the system to the task at hand and the players available instead of going Plan A time and again ... sadly also true for SG up until last March.

Katic won't be fully fit until the start of next season.  We may see him feature towards the end of this campaign hopefully but he's not going to be properly back to normal until the summer I'd suggest.

I read this morning that Birmingham have made a bid for Nisbet from Hibs. I've been impressed with him when I've seen Hibs this season, thought he linked up play really well on Wednesday but fell away after half time. His career is interesting. Released by Thistle then working his way through the leagues at various different sides and now looking like he's going to the English Championship for a couple of million and possibly the Scotland squad for the Euros. Losing him will weaken Hibs and if Aberdeen sell Cosgrove too then I suspect Celtic won't have any problems securing second. Shame.