The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

41 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

He's not replacing Bassey. You don't bring in a guy that can maybe fill in at LB to discard a very good prospect (Bassey) from his natural position. That just doesn't make sense. 

Edmundson or Katic will be surplus, IMO - preferably Katic. 

Then the injury to Katic must be worse than we are being told. Agree about Edmundson whose days have been numbered since the Covid incident.

1 hour ago, alexscottislegend said:

I thought he was awful against us both times. Sorry just don't see him as the answer to Scotland's striking problems.

Whether he'll ever be international class is still very much unknown, but if he keeps scoring goals this season I suspect he'll get his chance, we're not exactly spoilt for choice up front. I've been impressed that he's been able to step up each season to a higher level. From East Stirling to Raith Rovers to Dunfermline and then Hibs, where he's currently joint top goal scorer in the SPFL this season. Hibs have been our most difficult domestic fixture this season, a draw and two 1-0 victories. I don't think any of their players were awful against us. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't swap him for Roofe or Itten, but I'm not surprised he's attracting interest and as a young Scot I wonder if we've considered him. 

28 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

i don't see us having Barasic post summer. That lad could go play for anyone. 

It's possible we will see several first choice players leave this summer and from a financial standpoint I hope we do. Candidates for the exit door will almost certainly include Kamara, Barisic, Tavernier, Goldson, Morelos - as well as squad players like Jones, Stewart, Edmundson, Middleton, Defoe and Barker.

They won't all leave and some that do might not want to but we need the money and we can't compete on personal terms. Gerrard will also know that we can still improve in most positions.