The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

26 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I think Katic will remain in our plans for next season as he's the only other right-footed centre half we have now Edmundson has gone on loan.

The Simpson signing tells me either Balogun or Helander won't be here next season.

Balogun is right footed? I expect the plan to be Goldson and Balogun for the right side and Helander and Simpson for the left side. 

It would be a huge ask to expect Katic to come in after a season out with an ACL injury and to expect him to perform at an elite level. I hope he will be loaned out somewhere where he will play every game and we can then assess how he is doing when Balogun’s deal is up at the end of next season.  

I do agree with @Rousseau  though, I don’t think he will make it with us but if he did well on loan he could make us some money. 

14 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

I definitely see Helander as more of a long term option than Balogun, unless we get offered daft money for him, obviously. Looking at the transfer market, it looks like daft money isn't common though in the current circumstances, who knows how long for too.

I honestly think we won a watch getting Helander for £3.5m. Even if we sold him for double that we would really struggle to find a player of his quality for that money. He’s a player I hope just stays here for a very long time. 

I assume this means Lewis Mayo isn't in the manager's first team plans either. Isn't Leon King a centre-half? He's only 17 but aren't great things expected of him? 

Surely we're buying another centre-half, wide player and midfielder in the knowledge that any decent offer received this summer can't be turned down. If English sides aren't looking at Goldson and Helander I'll be astonished, Kent and Kamara must be on the radar's of many clubs as are Morelos and probably Roofe. I still think it's our full backs who are most coveted though. 

The directors deserve a lot of credit for keeping the squad together this January, indeed we've probably strengthened it which is remarkable. 

Quick round-up (also in OP)

SIGNED in Winter 2020/21:
IN -
 Scott Wright (23) - Scotland, LW - Aberdeen, contr. till summer 2021 - LINK - TM - SIGNED - SIGNED permanently (4,5 years)
IN - Jack Simpson (24) - England, CH - Bournemouth, contr. till 6/2021 - LINK - TM - SIGNED - SIGNED permanently (4,5 years)
IN - Nnamdi Ofoborh (21) - Nigeria, CM - Bournemouth, contr. till 6/2021 - LINK - TM - SIGNED pre contract (4 years)

GONE in Winter 2020/21
OUT - Josh McPake - on loan to Harrowgate Town till end of season after loan to Morton cut short due to injury - LINK - Done: LINK
OUT - Kai Kennedy (18) - on loan till end of season to Raith Rovers - LINK
OUT – Glen Middleton – loan to St. Johnstone for the remainder of the season - LINK
OUT - Jordan Jones - on loan - Link - to Sunderland till end of season - LINK
OUT - George Edmundson - on loan - Derby County till end of season - LINK
OUT - Brandon Barker - on loan to Oxford United till end of season - LINK
OUT - Jamie Barjonas - Orange County SC - LINK to come
OUT - Cammy Palmer - Linfield FC - LINK
OUT - Umaro Balde - left by mutual consent - LINK
OUT - Ross McCrorie (22) – CMF / right-back - joined Aberdeen (loan and sign option) - LINK - deal made permanent as part of the Scott Wright transfer above

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS
Kai Kennedy (18) - new contract till 2023, on loan till end of season to Raith Rovers - LINK
Ciaran Dickson - LINK

38 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Quick round-up (also in OP)

SIGNED in Winter 2020/21:
IN -
 Scott Wright (23) - Scotland, LW - Aberdeen, contr. till summer 2021 - LINK - TM - SIGNED - SIGNED permanently (4,5 years)
IN - Jack Simpson (24) - England, CH - Bournemouth, contr. till 6/2021 - LINK - TM - SIGNED - SIGNED permanently (4,5 years)
IN - Nnamdi Ofoborh (21) - Nigeria, CM - Bournemouth, contr. till 6/2021 - LINK - TM - SIGNED pre contract (4 years)

GONE in Winter 2020/21
OUT - Josh McPake - on loan to Harrowgate Town till end of season after loan to Morton cut short due to injury - LINK - Done: LINK
OUT - Kai Kennedy (18) - on loan till end of season to Raith Rovers - LINK
OUT – Glen Middleton – loan to St. Johnstone for the remainder of the season - LINK
OUT - Jordan Jones - on loan - Link - to Sunderland till end of season - LINK
OUT - George Edmundson - on loan - Derby County till end of season - LINK
OUT - Brandon Barker - on loan to Oxford United till end of season - LINK
OUT - Jamie Barjonas - Orange County SC - LINK to come
OUT - Cammy Palmer - Linfield FC - LINK
OUT - Umaro Balde - left by mutual consent - LINK
OUT - Ross McCrorie (22) – CMF / right-back - joined Aberdeen (loan and sign option) - LINK - deal made permanent as part of the Scott Wright transfer above

CONTRACT EXTENSIONS
Kai Kennedy (18) - new contract till 2023, on loan till end of season to Raith Rovers - LINK
Ciaran Dickson - LINK

Even the little things we have done there are impressive. 

Two very promising players signed on contracts despite interest from other clubs (both players proving wrong some fans who never seem to stop talking about their Celtic supporting backgrounds). 

Kai Kennedy taken away from a struggling ICT side where he wasn’t appreciated enough and sent to Raith Rovers who are challenging for promotion and where he has made a flying start and for the first time this season getting a full 90 minutes every game. 

Exactly the same with Josh McPake, taken away from a Morton side who aren’t doing well and didn’t fully appreciate him and sent to the Harrogate in the English League 2 where he is also getting a full 90 minutes for the first time this season and by all accounts getting rave reviews. Hopefully he shows there that he deserves to play at a much higher level than that. 

We are actively engaged in and managing the situation of our young players. 

Edited by DMAA

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

I honestly think we won a watch getting Helander for £3.5m. Even if we sold him for double that we would really struggle to find a player of his quality for that money. He’s a player I hope just stays here for a very long time. 

I agree, Helander has to be kept. No one can complain when Balogun gets a starting place in the team but he's five years older than Helander and needs to be sold now if we're going to get decent money. I think sending Katic out on loan for a spell is a given.

I wonder if the purchase of these centre halves has anything to do with the new quarantine measures we now have because it looks like everyone travelling abroad will have to quarantine when they return and I don't think there will be any exemptions