The Winter 2020/21 Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

14 hours ago, MrGaryValentine said:

Fair enough, I will see what happens. He would be classed as a home grown player which I hadn't thought about either. Don't think we managed to use all our home grown slots this year in the Europa.

Very good point on home grown. 

25 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

SHEFFIELD Wednesday winger Adam Reach is free to talk to foreign clubs over a potential summer move as his contract expires within the next six months.

Celtic and Rangers are both monitoring the situation and may make a move for the 27-year-old who was bought for £5milllion from Middlesbrough in 2016.

Reach has made more than 200 appearances for the Hillsborough club and while it is unlikely a foreign side will come in, the Scottish giants may once again take advantage of expiring contracts and cross-border transfer rules to bag bargain signings without having to pay a huge compensation fee.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19001323.championship-transfer-rumours-rangers-celtic-ready-reach-sheffield-wednesday-star/

hard to see why cross border is relevant at the age of 27

A thread on Scott Wright and stats. Basically, his impact at Aberdeen has increased drastically season by season. He also makes the point that his stats are dragged down by playing for Aberdeen. I’d need to see more of him play myself but it seems the only real worry here is his injury record which i believe is pretty bad. 

35 minutes ago, DMAA said:

A thread on Scott Wright and stats. Basically, his impact at Aberdeen has increased drastically season by season. He also makes the point that his stats are dragged down by playing for Aberdeen. I’d need to see more of him play myself but it seems the only real worry here is his injury record which i believe is pretty bad. 

Great stuff! I think he looks a good option: good profile, for a good price. 

I wonder if the perception of a poor injury record is based on him missing almost the entirety of last season? Which sounds bad, but it was just one really bad injury ('Cruciate Ligament Rupture', according to Transfermrkt). A player can get a bad injury, but it doesn't mean they're injury-prone per se - although, we don't know if it'll affect him later. 

I might be a tad optimistic, though. :D 

I think Reach is a box-to-box midfielder, that likes to break late into the box and shoot from distance. He mainly plays wide in a 4-4-2, but he's incredibly versatile. He's not the most technical, I don't think; he's more about pace and power, shooting from range, whipping in crosses or bursting into the box to get on the end of things. 

For us, he'd maybe play in one of the wider positions in the midfield three; where Aribo and Kamara play now, as opposed to the central position that Davis plays.

There was a spell where Sheffield Wednesday were very good, pushing for promotion, and Reach was an important player in that push, but he's waned as the club's fortunes have waned. His versatility has worked against him here, as he's been filling in everywhere.