[FT] St Mirren 0 - 2 Rangers (Roofe 27; Morelos 33)

31 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

You're accusing Gerrard of picking players due to reputation rather than what they bring to the team? That he's not going to pick the team that he feels has the best chance of beating Celtic? Wow.

Or could it be that Gerrard sees things both in training and on the pitch that is beyond you and me and that he picks the teams that he believes will perform the best?

Gerrard hasn’t picked his team yet

38 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

But you're hardly objective when it comes to Morelos. ?

I can hardly be accused of bias for saying I think Hagi has earned the shirt. That accusation would be more valid in the other direction, people being biased towards him. I see a lot of people saying Hagi is a certainty to drop out for Kent/Morelos and the reasons aren’t to do with current form and performances. 

Edited by DMAA

Davis is killing us in midfield.   Too many side passes and back passes from him.    But as a whole we have changed.   Too many tippy tippy passes no width .     We're less direct than we used to be.  We need to be far quicker up the park.

Just now, gisabeer said:

Davis is killing us in midfield.   Too many side passes and back passes from him.    But as a whole we have changed.   Too many tippy tippy passes no width .     We're less direct than we used to be.  We need to be far quicker up the park.

Yet, you will only see that against teams that sit deep or keep all our players covered. Kamara et al do it too, BTW, but somehow you need to draw the opposition out as well as finding a better angle. We did that last season too, difference now is that we have more potent options up front, options that convert a few of the chances we create.

On a sidenote, Davis does control the midfield as well as being excellent - despite his age - to cover positions, chasing people and lost cases, even dropping into a semi- CH half role every now and then yesterday. He`ll be  acert for Saturday, as will be Kamara, Aribo, Roofe, Morelos, and Kent instead of Hagi, I`d assume.

On 31/12/2020 at 10:59, DMAA said:

I can hardly be accused of bias for saying I think Hagi has earned the shirt. That accusation would be more valid in the other direction, people being biased towards him. I see a lot of people saying Hagi is a certainty to drop out for Kent/Morelos and the reasons aren’t to do with current form and performances. 

No but you can be accused of bias for your incessant criticism of Alfie. You even managed to have a go at him recently for a performance that you hadn't even seen at that point. You always pick him (or Kent) for criticism even if he's not the worst performer. 

11 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

No but you can be accused of bias for your incessant criticism of Alfie. You even managed to have a go at him recently for a performance that you hadn't even seen at that point. You always pick him (or Kent) for criticism even if he's not the worst performer. 

When? Any time I have commented on a game without having seen it I have made that known as a caveat, and have never made a comment beyond the scope of what I have seen. 

You are getting personal and it’s uncalled for. Argue with the content of my comments, that is what I do with others. I have no bias against a Rangers player, I call it as I see it and some don’t like that.