[FT] Rangers 1 (C. McGregor 70 o.g.) - 0 Celtic

I saw none of the play, heard no commentary and only looked in here when I thought the match must be over so my opinion is based on nothing.  

So, from that position of ignorance, the strike pair must be Roofe and Itten.

Hagi must play. He provides ball control and effective passing. He’s not a sprinter. He gets pushed around sometimes. Ian McMillan wasn't Morgan the Mighty but he won games.

Apart from first 20 minutes I thought it was a measured performance we soaked up all they had and waited knowing our chances would eventually come, as everyone keeps saying it's a sign of winners when you keep winning but not playing at your best and I think in the first half Celtic were At their best and we were sluggish. Let's enjoy this moment 19 pts clear and I am sure their fans will be back out calling for Lennons head and all the turmoil that will bring, on to Aberdeen now we just keep this momentum going until the Europa starts again it is a good way to start the new year.

SKY obviously are enjoying replaying the stramash after the Duffy lunge -- are they suggesting Morelos is lucky to be on the pitch? Meh... -- but I like how most of our players were around, backing up their teammates. Even Aribo who is usually quite a calm and reserved individual.  

19 minutes ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Absolutely terrible performance by all apart from Shagger, but what a wonderful feeling hearing that final whistle was.

55 is on the way lads!

Matter of fact, my POTG despite McGregor`s heroics was Davis. Probably the only outfield player fully at it, always tracking back and offering an option. Couldn`t believe how lackadaiscial Aribo looked, how off the boil Kent. Obviously, credit to the Scum, as their had their tails up for the best part of the day and pressed us hard ... they wanted it more. I would assume SG will adress that. 

Hope Roofe is fine, as he wouldn`t have been the first I would have hooked. 

Itten should be given a role alongside Roofe and Morelos up top. Keeps the ball, has an eye for a pass and is always a target if relief is needed at the back.

Best players IMHO, Davis, McGregor, Balogun and Goldson.

Edited by der Berliner

1 minute ago, the gunslinger said:

hagi changed the game. 

I hope Roofe wasn`t injured, as he wasn´t the worse on the park till then. Hagi has come in of late and been quite good again. Maybe we argue about individuals, but perhaps we should - every now and then - be happy, that  we have so many good options now.