[FT] Rangers 1 (C. McGregor 70 o.g.) - 0 Celtic

5 minutes ago, DMAA said:

There has been talk of John Lundstrom. I haven’t seen Kelly much but see him as more of a Barry Ferguson type player. 

Despite progressing in the Everton youth set-up, Lundstram supports Liverpool.[83]

From Wikipedia, so it's Gospel. :D 

2 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

From Sheffield Utd?!

giphy.gif

Yeh that’s the one. His contract is out in the summer and he has decided not to renew it. Could just be paper talk, who knows. 

Right then. That was a nervy watch for me. I didn’t feel good about us before the game to tell the truth and celtic did start as I expected, with high intensity and desire.

They looked like the team that needed to win, whilst we seemed to lack the urgency to match them and if it wasn’t for Greegs we could have been two goals down. But the defense did their job and we got the chance to reset at halftime. 

Thought we started the second half better, our passing was more purposeful and there were a few nice touches in the final third even if we didn’t manage a shot. Morelos didn’t break his duck, but he was crucial to our eventual victory by rolling Bitton and making him commit the red card offense. Delightful from the Buff!

The goal itself was a typical Rangers goal of late, great delivery and met with a nice flick from Aribo and anything can happen in the danger area from that point on. 

So we didn’t play our best, but our defense stood tall again, Davis and Kamara came into their own and started to dictate as you would expect and you can’t be too down with Kent, he doesn’t let his head go down and he still posed a threat, and should have caused them to go another man down after skinning Duffy. 

Off the bench I thought Hagi did well but particularly Itten looked like he enjoyed toying with them for the last 10 minutes. 

The players deserve a lot of praise for that performance, we were not lucky to win, they were not unlucky not to win. Nobody panicked, we didn’t bottle it under pressure. We just did the job better on the day and that’s all that counts. We had key players out and they played the best they’ve played all season and couldn’t score against us. Very proud today. This is for the 66. 

Just now, DMAA said:

Yeh that’s the one. His contract is out in the summer and he has decided not to renew it. Could just be paper talk, who knows. 

I knew about him refusing a new contract, but I just assumed another PL team would snap him up.