[FT] Rangers 1 (C. McGregor 70 o.g.) - 0 Celtic

With Jack and Arfield being out at the moment we seem lacking some industry and bite in midfield.  I think Aribo is a skilful player but is perhaps not the best combination with Kamara.  I would like to see Aribo play in a more forward role where can do some damage with his skill.  It's early yet to see where Zungu fits in and I would say he is still adjusting from the more sedate French football he is used to the more rough and tumble of the SPL.  Because of that he seems to dwell on the ball too long and thereby is caught in possession.  It is to be hoped that as he gains more familiarity with the SPL he will adjust how he plays.

The interviews with McGregor and Balogun were quite insightful, with McGregor more or less agreeing that the team has not been at its fluid best in the last few games and they have to improve.  Balogun highlighted that other teams are learning how to play Rangers and this is making it more difficult.  I think especially that teams are adapting to nullify Tav and Borna and I think we saw in today's game that Celtic pressed high up the pitch making it difficult for the back four and Davis to achieve good possession.  As a result, in the first half in particular, there were a number of fairly aimless balls punted up the park leading to a quick turnover in possession.

Edited by T-1000

3 hours ago, MacK1950 said:

Madden today:-

1) Warns Soro for continuous fouling.

2) First booking to a Gers player(expected that).

3) Misses obvious penalty.

4) Gets red card correct.

5) Gets other red card wrong.

6) Protects Morelos from attack from Brown then books Morelos.

Still we won.:yesrfc:

4 hours ago, onevision said:

Can i suggest that everyone who hasn't watched the match back does so....not as one sided as first viewing.??

Totally agree. I watched it back and in the absence of nerves I thought we contained them well first half considering they played the best they have all season. Not at our best, but credit to them for pressing us and challenging - but they still couldn't beat us. That's not a bad performance from us really. Proud of them all. 

4 hours ago, onevision said:

Can i suggest that everyone who hasn't watched the match back does so....not as one sided as first viewing.??

I just finished watching the whole game again on Sky and you’re absolutely right. I was actually surprised how much we controlled the ball throughout the second half.