[FT] Rangers 1 (C. McGregor 70 o.g.) - 0 Celtic

I watched the game back too. Aribo was a player who came in for a lot of criticism and I didn’t think at the time he had been that bad. Having watched it back he did struggle quite badly in the midfield 3, as I think we all feared without Arfield and Jack available. But he offset that with some positive contributions going forward. He created arguably our two best opportunities of the game when he picked out Morelos in a crowded box (both times). The first one Morelos didn’t manage to make real contact on it, the second one was when he had his shot blocked on the turn. Ultimately though it was as we feared, Aribo isn’t ready to take on that much defensive responsibility in those kind of games. 

Edited by DMAA

• 2 weeks later...

"I'm bitterly disappointed. We were the better team and I think the referee has made the wrong decision which has changed the course of the game. 

"It's not a sending off. It's a foul. We've got Kristoffer Ajer coming across on the cover. Morelos is in a wide position. It's not a clear and obvious scoring opportunity. 

"He might get a shot off but he's certainly not clean through on goal and I thought (Bobby) was too quick to get the red card out. 

"I'm really proud of the performance. We were outstanding up until the red card, which changed the course of the game. 

"Again we've been done by a pretty poor refereeing performance. I don't think he was great all day."

Is Lennon going to be cited for these comments or what? What's going on here because there seems to be a lot of leeway in these retrospective rules.

29 minutes ago, PoohBear said:

Is Lennon going to be cited for these comments or what? What's going on here because there seems to be a lot of leeway in these retrospective rules

Of course not. Clerr wrote that script for him in the dugout at FT.