[FT] Rangers 1 (C. McGregor 70 o.g.) - 0 Celtic

42 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Wouldn`t mind playing Itten with Roofe and Morelos to see how that works - pending on the opposition.

Itten deserves game time but not at Hagi’s expense. 

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

The tactical shift changed the game, for me. 

Hagi was a big part of that, but I don't think he has the same influence if he's playing in that first half.

He may have created something out of nothing, but I think the tactics from the outset were wrong - or, we didn't get to grips with their tactics.

I didn't think our tactics had anything to do with our first half performance. It was just very poor play from most of our team. 

I also didn't see much of a tactical shift in the second half. We just played better and their level of intensity dropped. 

Today's win should be used correctly in terms of psychology.  That was them at their best and us at our worst and we won the game where, for 2/3rds of the game we were comfortable. 

Kris Boyd said it in his analysis, it wasn't if Celtic were cutting us open at will, creating clear-cut opportunities and had us on back foot constantly. They were restricted to shots from distance. 

We were poor especially at start of game but went on to find a way to win the game. 

Edited by CammyF

6 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

I didn't think our tactics had anything to do with our first half performance. It was just very poor play from most of our team. 

I also didn't see much of a tactical shift in the second half. We just played better and their level of intensity dropped. 

Celtic, to their credit, had a go and we were set up to hit them on the counter.  Unfortunately, our use of the ball was awful from the midfield forward until they had a man sent off.

Morelos and Kent were poor but both had key moments in the game worth noting.  Roofe was very poor (by his excellent standards) and I'm still waiting on Aribo waking up.  Thankfully Davis and Kamara seemed to get to grips after the red card because neither of them stood out enough either for me.

In the end, Hagi did well when he came on (and deserves an extended run now) and both full backs did better as well in the second half.  I also thought Itten again played well but the circumstances were different of course late on.

Like I say, let's criticise, let's analyse but let's be objective.

9 minutes ago, Frankie said:

I think you need to calm down in your negativity when it comes to one or two players.

I'm all for criticism of people, player A, player B or player X, but has to be constructive and appreciate the overall picture.  To concentrate on Kent and Morelos again today was tiresome when few players had pass marks, for the first 45-60mins especially.

That was where I was seeing the problem. We were second best all over the park but I don’t agree with you that one or two weren’t particularly poor. I wasn’t the only one of that opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

Spot on. Tactics mean nothing if the players don’t turn up, make mistakes, don’t pass well, dont move well, don’t close down and sit off their opponents. There was no obvious change of tactics at HT just one sub for an injury and more of our players doing their jobs properly, combining with their errors and drop in intensity.