[FT] Rangers 1 (C. McGregor 70 o.g.) - 0 Celtic

That game could have been exactly what we needed going into this transfer window too. We’ve come out of it unscathed with 3 points, and yet with a feeling that things could be better and probably more inclined to make 1 or 2 signings than a few weeks ago, not least due to injuries. The inverse is the case with Celtic. They’ve turned it around and and will believe they can keep winning now without splashing the cash. 

4 minutes ago, DMAA said:

That game could have been exactly what we needed going into this transfer window too. We’ve come out of it unscathed with 3 points, and yet with a feeling that things could be better and probably more inclined to make 1 or 2 signings than a few weeks ago, not least due to injuries. The inverse is the case with Celtic. They’ve turned it around and and will believe they can keep winning now without splashing the cash. 

- we have young players to back-up squad

- if Barjonas (22 this month) isn't near the level, why is he still here ?

- Dickson did well against Falkirk and looked confident

- money is tight and we continue in unpredictable times

1 hour ago, DMAA said:

Zungu has some of the attributes required but seems to lack the ability Jack has to be everywhere on the pitch. Jack is also particularly disciplined defensively. Not an easy player to replace, if it comes to that. 

I find it hard to actually determine what Zungu's attributes are, as we really see so little of him. How many games has started? I can only think of 2? How many 90mins? I'm sure some of the Gersnet "Statto's" will put me right? He has been thrown on late in a few to shore up / defend leads. To me, it's a real Catch 22. To see what he has in his locker I think he needs a consistent run, but its hard to see him getting that opportunity. I seem to recall, Ryan Jack having a very shaky start to his Rangers career (a lot through injury I know) but I just feel the guy has had limited opportunity to show much.

6 minutes ago, buster. said:

- we have young players to back-up squad

- if Barjonas (22 this month) isn't near the level, why is he still here ?

- Dickson did well against Falkirk and looked confident

- money is tight and we continue in unpredictable times

Barjonas, Stewart, Jones and Middleton all look very unlikely to feature much. If they could be moved on that would free up some cash for one quality signing in that position maybe. There is Barker too but the management rate him.