[FT] Rangers 1 (C. McGregor 70 o.g.) - 0 Celtic

3 minutes ago, Bill said:

They won their first title the year we went into the chaos of administration. They won their next four titles while we were consigned to the lower leagues. They didn’t win their ninth title at all and had to be awarded it for an incomplete season. That leaves three credible titles, even if they had had years of uncontested access to European football to finance their success. They’ve crowed and sneered their way through our difficulties, convinced themselves of their natural superiority and set themselves up for the biggest fall since Humpty Dumpty. 

They’re not feeling pain yet. They’re only feeling the fear of pain. Once the trophies are sitting in the Ibrox trophy room, once the reality of their financial mess becomes clear, once the child sexual abuse court cases start, that’s when the pain will come. 

Inspiring Bill. Well said

7 hours ago, buster. said:

Game started as I thought it would.

They were the hungrier and wanted it more, without Jack and Arfeld we struggled in midfield and the ball kept coming back at us.

I was surprised at just how blunt we were in the first half and had thought our counter-attacks would carry more threat.

Aribo, as he showed in September 2019, isn't made for that position in an OF match.

But they didn't have the quality to make their superiority count and we had the best player on the pitch keeping out anything on target. The second save from Eduoard (even though it was offside) was out of this world. We hung in there and eventually did them. Two good balls from player of the season, Tav. The pass to Morelos (Bitton red) and the corner (goal).

But that is now just noise,...it's the points that make prizes and when the whistle went on nearly 95 minutes, SG looked like a man who was already thinking of how best to go about getting the next three on offer.

I don't live in Scotland, nor do I know of any Celtic fans where I do live but what an opportunity for heavily sarcastic banter back in Glasgow.

There are just so many different angles to take ?  

The only angle to take is that their nine-in-a-row is fatally tainted due to our absence: ours is the achievement which is unlikely to be bettered. We now need to set our sights on winning a European trophy.

58 minutes ago, Bill said:

They won their first title the year we went into the chaos of administration. They won their next four titles while we were consigned to the lower leagues. They didn’t win their ninth title at all and had to be awarded it for an incomplete season. That leaves three credible titles, even if they had had years of uncontested access to European football to finance their success. They’ve crowed and sneered their way through our difficulties, convinced themselves of their natural superiority and set themselves up for the biggest fall since Humpty Dumpty. 

They’re not feeling pain yet. They’re only feeling the fear of pain. Once the trophies are sitting in the Ibrox trophy room, once the reality of their financial mess becomes clear, once the child sexual abuse court cases start, that’s when the pain will come. 

?

Actually feel a little for Calum McGregor. All the narrative is about Bobby Madden, Shamless Duffy, Bitton, Scott Brown (shitbag) and Neil Lennon. 

Let's not forget that young Calum fulfilled a lifetime ambition yesterday by scoring the winning goal for Rangers in the NY OF game into the Copland End. He'll be (rightly) buzzing this morning 

21 minutes ago, CammyF said:

Actually feel a little for Calum McGregor. All the narrative is about Bobby Madden, Shamless Duffy, Bitton, Scott Brown (shitbag) and Neil Lennon. 

Let's not forget that young Calum fulfilled a lifetime ambition yesterday by scoring the winning goal for Rangers in the NY OF game into the Copland End. He'll be (rightly) buzzing this morning 

If you look back at their run of bad results then he is at the heart of most goals they conceded either direct or indirectly.

Edited by onevision

13 hours ago, Bill said:

As an aside, watching the Sky coverage I was impressed with the sensible summarising of Stiliyan Petrov. Certainly not your average Celtic clone. 

I would agree 100% with that. Considering the set up punter wise was him, Boyd and a so called "neutral" in the shape of McFadden. If you were listening to them without knowing their backgrounds you could have assumed Petrov was the neutral. Very measured in his analysis, knowledgeable, very fair and articulate (speaks English better than the other 2 as well). He was a breath of fresh air in comparison to the likes of Sutton, Hartson, Walker et al. He is worth a Sky retainer, I also liked Darren Fletcher who did the opener at Pittodrie, but maybe he is used more in England.

Rewatched the game and different perspective without the "real time' stress. 

As I thought, out with the opening 20 minutes it was an even game. No doubting their high press tactics worked and knocked us off our stride. McGregor makes 2 great saves and their McGregor was unlucky with a shot. However, majority of their efforts were from distance. 

We had a shout for a pen when Griffiths barges Roofe at a corner, but it would have been very soft if it was given. 

Sorro should not have lasted 45mins - constantly fouled and had at least 2 bookable challenges. 

Celtic tired towards end of 1st half and couldn't replicate their effort in 2nd half and added to the introduction of Hagi, we started to impose ourselves on the game. 

Red card - still a stonewaller and note to NL it's 24hrs since the challenge and sorry to say, Ajer has still not caught up with Alfredo. 

One does wonder if McGregors handball OG would have been given as a penalty if it hadn't ended up in the net? 

Duffy's challenge borders on a red, but Claire the CO needs to look at Shitbag Brown's part in the aftermath. 

All in all, not as one-sided as many are trying to make out. I would say, even of it stays 11 v 11 we were beginning to come into the game and it was uncertain if the red card turned the game completely into our favour (certainly helped).