[FT] Rangers 1 (C. McGregor 70 o.g.) - 0 Celtic

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Too many factors for me. Jack and Arfield missing out is huge.

This is big for me too. Jack is brilliant in games like this.

They have replaced Brown with Soro who, to me, looks a very good player. I think he has the potential to emerge as one of their best players, though it is early days. 
Turnbull and Griffiths have come in and they have both improved their 11 too. 

That’s not to say we have anything to fear. They have weaknesses throughout their squad but especially across the back 4. But I do think some are getting carried away taking it as a given that we will hammer them. 

15 minutes ago, DMAA said:

This is big for me too. Jack is brilliant in games like this.

They have replaced Brown with Soro who, to me, looks a very good player. I think he has the potential to emerge as one of their best players, though it is early days. 
Turnbull and Griffiths have come in and they have both improved their 11 too. 

That’s not to say we have anything to fear. They have weaknesses throughout their squad but especially across the back 4. But I do think some are getting carried away taking it as a given that we will hammer them. 

If people are talking like that, you have to wonder if they have ever seen these games before. Celtic could be on a losing streak of 150 matches and I would still fear them getting a result at Ibrox. I hate these games tbh

I don't enjoy these matches - never have but we have nothing to fear.  

If we're set up correctly and apply ourselves, we will win.  Over-confidence isn't a good thing but neither is fear.

A victory would be like a dagger to the heart for Lennon and his team.

13 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Wow, ok 

That`s essentially it though. The way the Scum`s players are let of the hook for years now - as opposed to anyone else (and not least us) is obvious to anyone without tainted glasses. What baffles and angers me most is the silence from clubs, players, journalists and even officials with regards to this. There is a reason why the likes of Brown and Griffiths go on doing what they are doing with a smug smile on their faces, as they know nothing will be done. And  even if a player takes the liberty and challenges them on the park, it is that player who gets drawn and quartered, not the scum.

Of course, the most dignified and sporting action would be to horse them on the park, but that would not change the fouls the committed like Eduoard`s nor Brown`s abysmal posturing and goading of opposition players. Methinks their European "card return" is equal to ours, but in Scotland the facts show that they get far far less cards than anyone else ... and not because of them being the less offending players.

We have the best defensive record (bar that blip against St Mirren) and all our defenders are ready. We have a very potent strike-force of a lethalness that the Scum has rarely faced this season. We might be not as attack minded from defence to front tomorrow as we have been, but IMHO, if Aribo, Roofe, Kent / Hagi and Morelos make up our starting attack-line, we have some reason to think that we will get goals.

Everyone needs to be up for this and if that`s the case, we should be fine.

If I dread anything, it is the unpredictability of the officials.

Edited by der Berliner

I see us probably going to our European style for this game being happy to hit them on the counter. Midfield is going to be absolutely key, as usually is. My only slight concern is with Jack and Arfield out we have plenty of skill and endeavour but perhaps lack bite in the tackle. If it becomes a cluster fuck in that midfield it may suit them giving that they'll be trying to break our rhythm. 

We need to play it smart, they need the win so we don't have to hammer and tongs it leaving ourselves open. Hoping we draw them out and pick them off from there. I'm confident that with the front 3's movement they'll be all over the place. 

Go for the win but pick our moments. 

6 minutes ago, bluedan said:

My only slight concern is with Jack and Arfield out we have plenty of skill and endeavour but perhaps lack bite in the tackle.

I think that is a huge concern.

24 minutes ago, bluedan said:

I see us probably going to our European style for this game being happy to hit them on the counter. Midfield is going to be absolutely key, as usually is. My only slight concern is with Jack and Arfield out we have plenty of skill and endeavour but perhaps lack bite in the tackle. If it becomes a cluster fuck in that midfield it may suit them giving that they'll be trying to break our rhythm. 

We need to play it smart, they need the win so we don't have to hammer and tongs it leaving ourselves open. Hoping we draw them out and pick them off from there. I'm confident that with the front 3's movement they'll be all over the place. 

Go for the win but pick our moments. 

I was actually thinking about this earlier. Would Steven Gerrard play deeper and to coax them out, allowing more space for the likes of Roofs, Kent, Aribo, Hagi and Morelos? Its risky

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

That`s essentially it though. The way the Scum`s players are let of the hook for years now - as opposed to anyone else (and not least us) is obvious to anyone without tainted glasses. What baffles and angers me most is the silence from clubs, players, journalists and even officials with regards to this. There is a reason why the likes of Brown and Griffiths go on doing what they are doing with a smug smile on their faces, as they know nothing will be done. And  even if a player takes the liberty and challenges them on the park, it is that player who gets drawn and quartered, not the scum.

Of course, the most dignified and sporting action would be to horse them on the park, but that would not change the fouls the committed like Eduoard`s nor Brown`s abysmal posturing and goading of opposition players. Methinks their European "card return" is equal to ours, but in Scotland the facts show that they get far far less cards than anyone else ... and not because of them being the less offending players.

Brown's behaviour in the Cup Final was absolutely disgusting, taunting Halliday and Naismith with impunity.