Pump the brakes...we've won nothing yet.

21 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

It is a bit of a doom & gloom thread tbh, nobody is saying we have won anything yet, but it really is ok to enjoy any victory over that mob, we have so far had an excellent season.

I honestly think some Rangers fans start the season dreading it and continue that worry all season, that is not healthy or enjoyable, it must make it a long season for those fans.

Hardly doom and gloom. Just a wee touch of realism considering where we've been over the last few years 

28 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Hardly doom and gloom. Just a wee touch of realism considering where we've been over the last few years 

Fair enough, just after beating them in a very important match I just feel we should enjoy every time we beat them. On to the sheep match now!.

Ive been watching Rangers for a long  ,long time and have learned to take nothing for granted only when it's mathematically impossible for anyone else to win the league will I accept victory. 

Of course no one should be making any assumptions about the title but it would also be wrong to deny a strong sense of satisfaction at the progress our club is finally making. And not just on the park either. I just hope that those people running the club remain ambitious for success and always respectful to the fans. The appointment of Pedro Caixinha was a spectacular misjudgment - the appointment of Steven Gerrard has been an inspired decision, both of which show how important it is to have effective leadership and a clear sense of who we are. 

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

It is a bit of a doom & gloom thread tbh, nobody is saying we have won anything yet, but it really is ok to enjoy any victory over that mob, we have so far had an excellent season.

I honestly think some Rangers fans start the season dreading it and continue that worry all season, that is not healthy or enjoyable, it must make it a long season for those fans.

Include me in the behind the couch, nervous group.........until FT yesterday.

Yesterday was pivotal and we took the points.

They could easily have been 4 points behind just now but we are now 10 points in front (Add GD and their games in hand are not yet points). 

Importantly, add the management and focus of Steven Gerrard. We don't have the League Cup to get in the way and I don't think our team is about to throw things away.

There are faultlines throughout their club and weren't capable of taking their chance to shift momentum.

Psychologically, they are now more or less done.

As I said weeks ago "Eight games to Win a League"

23/12/20 PRE St. Johnstone 0 - 3 Rangers View events
26/12/20 PRE Rangers 1 - 0 Hibernian View events
30/12/20 PRE St. Mirren 0 - 2 Rangers View events
02/01/21 PRE Rangers 1 - 0 Celtic View events
10/01/21 PRE Aberdeen 16 : 00 Rangers  
17/01/21 PRE Motherwell 13 : 00 Rangers  
23/01/21 PRE Rangers 16 : 00 Ross County  
27/01/21 PRE Hibernian 20 : 45 Rangers

Edited by buster.

1 hour ago, ian1964 said:

after beating them in a very important match I just feel we should enjoy 

Absolutely. I am still enjoying the fallout from yesterday. Loving it. Basking in it.

Positively basking in it, actually. 

This thread is almost whollyScottish  Presbyterian in tone, which is OK by me. 

However the time for auld claes, purritch, kail, and potatoes, is tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, ian1964 said:

Fair enough, just after beating them in a very important match I just feel we should enjoy every time we beat them. On to the sheep match now!.

I see where you’re coming from Ian but I think we can both enjoy the win and see the benefit of caution. It’s a bit like being able to enjoy the party without getting pissed, comes with experience  ?