Pump the brakes...we've won nothing yet.

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

I won't celebrate until we have won the league.  Given our previous form after the turn of the year under Gerrard, anyone thinking we've won the league is off his head.

The press are also setting up their potential headlines as we speak. ie. This would be the biggest collapse ever seen etc. 

Yesterday was merely a milestone on a journey littered with them 

Edited by BlackSocksRedTops

7 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

The press are also setting up their potential headlines as we speak.

The BBC Tom English article is a poorly written piece of trash.  When I read it, the Irish stereotype immediately sprung to mind.

"James Tavernier thumped a hopeful ball downfield and that simple punt sparked a crisis in Celtic terrain. From his position in footballing no-man's land, too far up the park and not hard-working enough to retreat, Diego Laxalt watched the ball float over his head to where Bitton grappled with Morelos.

The centre-back made a show of himself. He had no need to do what he did, no need to put himself in such peril. Had he let Morelos go, the striker would still have had a huge amount of work to do, still an enormous job on his hands to score.

The probability is that he'd have got a shot on goal - hence Madden's verdict - but scoring from that angle would have been a trick that only the pre-eminent goalscorers would have been capable of pulling off."

You can tell English is a rugby man.  I'd expect better writing from a teenager. 

13 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

"James Tavernier thumped a hopeful ball downfield and that simple punt sparked a crisis in Celtic terrain. From his position in footballing no-man's land, too far up the park and not hard-working enough to retreat, Diego Laxalt watched the ball float over his head to where Bitton grappled with Morelos.

The centre-back made a show of himself. He had no need to do what he did, no need to put himself in such peril. Had he let Morelos go, the striker would still have had a huge amount of work to do, still an enormous job on his hands to score.

The probability is that he'd have got a shot on goal - hence Madden's verdict - but scoring from that angle would have been a trick that only the pre-eminent goalscorers would have been capable of pulling off."

You can tell English is a rugby man.  I'd expect better writing from a teenager. 

Thanks.

A simple punt? He obviously hasn't watched Tavernier play that ball a thousand times and Alfie roll defenders. 

I love the fact that so many people insist on mentioning the angle of where Morelos would advance on goal as if it's relevant to Maddens decision. It doesn't matter if it's deemed a harder task (ie. Not in front of goal). 

22 minutes ago, Gonzo79 said:

But for Allan McGregor and a dubious red card for Nir Bitton, Celts might have got what they deserved from Ibrox.

Eight years ago Rangers were on their knees. The liquidation of the Ibrox club was a lottery win for Lawwell.

In just eight years Rangers have emerged from the ashes of liquidation to become the best team in the country. You couldn’t make it up.

Say what you like about the Green Brigade but at least they are holding directors’ feet to the fire.

Nobody wants to see the mob-handed protests that followed the Ross County defeat, but I get their anger.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/6482845/celtic-lennon-pay-10-row-failure-board-davie-provan/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1609625115

It is a bit of a doom & gloom thread tbh, nobody is saying we have won anything yet, but it really is ok to enjoy any victory over that mob, we have so far had an excellent season.

I honestly think some Rangers fans start the season dreading it and continue that worry all season, that is not healthy or enjoyable, it must make it a long season for those fans.

9 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

It is a bit of a doom & gloom thread tbh, nobody is saying we have won anything yet, but it really is ok to enjoy any victory over that mob, we have so far had an excellent season.

I honestly think some Rangers fans start the season dreading it and continue that worry all season, that is not healthy or enjoyable, it must make it a long season for those fans.

Yeah, I'm currently watching the game back with no volume as have The Stone Roses blasting away in the background. Sunday's don't get much better ✌?

10 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

How dare you unveil the inner workings of my mind! :D 

It's because it means so much...