Club 1872 funding | Club 1872 purchase more shares

2 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Perhaps they couldn't have purchased shares from Rangers various issues last year because they'd already committed themselves to an exclusive deal with King?

Wouldn't that be interesting if it turned out to be true.

11 hours ago, Bill said:

I really don’t know why you’re fussing about it like this. If you want to give you’re money to Club1872 then it’s your choice and no one is asking you to do differently. If you’re genuinely committed to it then other people’s opinion shouldn’t be an issue for you. We’re all travelling in the same direction. Some just prefer to drive rather than go by bus. 

I am just surprised those who called for it aren't  backing it. Perhaps I am naïve.

23 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

I am just surprised those who called for it aren't  backing it. Perhaps I am naïve.

There's an pandemic, my company hasn't traded for 9 months and I'm on a reduced salary. Any "Rangers" cash i have will be saved up for next season's season tickets. 

7 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Pardon my ignorance but how have the club "changed the goalposts "?

A poor choice of words.  I was meaning that they ripped the rug from under the c1872 interviews where there was an indication from King where he said there wouldn’t be further share issues that c1872 could acquire further holding directly, and why they should buy from him

4 minutes ago, stewarty said:

A poor choice of words.  I was meaning that they ripped the rug from under the c1872 interviews where there was an indication from King where he said there wouldn’t be further share issues that c1872 could acquire further holding directly, and why they should buy from him

So one could say you think the club moved dave kings goalposts? Or king was either not aware of club intentions when he made those predictions or he was deliberately misleading the gullible. 

2 minutes ago, gaspard said:

So one could say you think the club moved dave kings goalposts? Or king was either not aware of club intentions when he made those predictions or he was deliberately misleading the gullible. 

Yea.  I think it was a reaction from the club to correct what at best was a misleading answer from King and I suspect he knew he hadn’t asked the club’s stance 

40 minutes ago, stewarty said:

Yea.  I think it was a reaction from the club to correct what at best was a misleading answer from King and I suspect he knew he hadn’t asked the club’s stance 

I would imagine it was planned business strategy rather than a reaction to anything the former chairman would have promised 1872. Why would the club need to react to that? Let's issue some shares just to prove DK was wrong to say we wouldn't? 

Really?

1 hour ago, gaspard said:

I would imagine it was planned business strategy rather than a reaction to anything the former chairman would have promised 1872. Why would the club need to react to that? Let's issue some shares just to prove DK was wrong to say we wouldn't? 

Really?

Indeed.  I was merely speculating.  In any case, I say react to King’s words merely because that’s what happened and they contradicted him.  It was odd that King felt able to project a Board opinion despite no longer being on it.  Someone is being economical with the truth and someone also was selling something.  I’m sure more information will come out on this eventually.