Club 1872 funding | Club 1872 purchase more shares

As expected, the usual suspects write stuff that yield not much but pessimism and the odd cynical remark, and neither reveals that much. No disrespect here, but wouldn't you say that Club 1872 acquiring shares of RIFC is - one way or another - a good thing?

24 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

As expected, the usual suspects write stuff that yield not much but pessimism and the odd cynical remark, and neither reveals that much. No disrespect here, but wouldn't you say that Club 1872 acquiring shares of RIFC is - one way or another - a good thing?

A good thing for Club1872 or a good thing for Rangers? 

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

No

5 hours ago, der Berliner said:

Is spending money elsewhere that could go into the club a good thing?

I could go along to Ibrox and give my support. I could pay for a ticket or sneak in without paying. I'm still giving my support. Are both good things? Do you rank them equally?

But why ask the question when you've been read the arguments many times before and just dismiss the view that Rangers should the ones that benefit as "pessimism and the odd cynical remark". 

What's so negative about cash that could have gone into the club is going elsewhere? Do you really need that explained?

The only explanation I can come up with is that some supporters have been so spooked by the events surrounding and following administration that they have subliminally transferred allegiance to a fans' organisation that is clearly dancing to its own tune and serving its own purpose. However well-packaged the initial intention was, it's now very hard to believe that the interests of Rangers and Club1872 are anywhere near fully aligned. This latest arrangement is dispiriting.

3 hours ago, Bill said:

The only explanation I can come up with is that some supporters have been so spooked by the events surrounding and following administration that they have subliminally transferred allegiance to a fans' organisation that is clearly dancing to its own tune and serving its own purpose. However well-packaged the initial intention was, it's now very hard to believe that the interests of Rangers and Club1872 are anywhere near fully aligned. This latest arrangement is dispiriting.

How and why do these interests diverge?

1 hour ago, the gunslinger said:

It's like we learned nothing from David Murray almost killing us. 

Worse than that, it's like we think the only antidote to David Murray is replacing him with Club1872. Only, beyond blind faith, we're not allowed to know how Club1872 will act any differently.

Edited by Bill