Club 1872 funding | Club 1872 purchase more shares

Here's how my simplistic napper looks at this, let's say i had 10 million to spare and wanted to buy Rangers shares (not to make money but because I'm a fan)

Would i buy from an existing share holder or buy new shares from the club?

No brainer really, I'm investing emotionally so dilution not a significant concern, so I buy from the club and thereby help to achieve our sporting goals. Now even if I was a non emotional buyer, I would still buy from the club as my investment would strengthen the business. 

So it must be asked why did 1872 not apply that fundamental logic? Why reject multiple share offers from the club? 

I believe the rank and file members of the collective have nothing but Rangers best interests as their objective, however they should be asking some very urgent questions directly to the directors and demand transparency not smoke,mirrors and straw clutching temporary U-turns.

7 hours ago, Bluedell said:

C1872 turned down the chance to buy shares from Rangers on more than one occasion. They then did the deal with King and heavily promoted it. People paid money to C1872 for the King deal as it appeared to be the only one on offer. The club then went public and said that they would be happy for C1872 to invest in new shares, despite suggestions from C1872 that this was not possible. C1872 then paid over the cash already received to King and did not give those who had donated the opportunity to decide where they wanted their cash to go, so, no, members did not get the opportunity to decide where their cash went.

It seems that any "legacy" cash invested over the next 6 months will go to the club, but after that C1872 will revert back to paying it to King, even if the club need more.

Good luck. ?

Thanks for the breakdown Bluedell and it is certainly a warning that vigilance is needed going forward. 

My uninformed impression from afar is that C1872 has to a degree, been taken over by the interests/influence of DK.

Whether Chris Graham would have played a part in such a hypothesis, I don't know but I'd imagine the bookies would offer short odds on it.

That is two guys who have credit in the reputational bank and perhaps DK has so much that it's too easy to say yes.

That doesn't make DK into Sir Duped, but it would be more than naughty to go about what he is doing in the way I suggest it might be.

Edited by buster.

16 minutes ago, buster. said:

My uninformed impression from afar is that C1872 has to a degree, been taken over by the interests/influence of DK.

Whether Chris Graham would have played a part in such a hypothesis, I don't know but I'd imagine the bookies would offer short odds on it.

That is two guys who have credit in the reputational bank and perhaps DK has so much that it's too easy to say yes.

That doesn't make DK into Sir Duped, but it would be more than naughty to go about what he is doing in the way I suggest it might be.

I fear it's not DK that's being duped.

He wants to sell his equity but now is not the best time to do so, we still need investment.

But behold a willing buyer, with a convenient former employee of DK apparently influencing the collectives strategy, only problem is the buyer dosen't have the funds.

1 hour ago, gaspard said:

Here's how my simplistic napper looks at this, let's say i had 10 million to spare and wanted to buy Rangers shares (not to make money but because I'm a fan)

Would i buy from an existing share holder or buy new shares from the club?

No brainer really, I'm investing emotionally so dilution not a significant concern, so I buy from the club and thereby help to achieve our sporting goals. Now even if I was a non emotional buyer, I would still buy from the club as my investment would strengthen the business. 

So it must be asked why did 1872 not apply that fundamental logic? Why reject multiple share offers from the club? 

I believe the rank and file members of the collective have nothing but Rangers best interests as their objective, however they should be asking some very urgent questions directly to the directors and demand transparency not smoke,mirrors and straw clutching temporary U-turns.

... directors who, at the end of the day, buy shares of RIFC to bolster Club 1872 sharehold, right? Its not that they grab money for themselves or act in self-interest, as you might read into some replies.

6 minutes ago, gaspard said:

I fear it's not DK that's being duped.

He wants to sell his equity but now is not the best time to do so, we still need investment.

But behold a willing buyer, with a convenient former employee of DK apparently influencing the collectives strategy, only problem is the buyer dosen't have the funds.

There was only one Sir Duped !

In 9 months things may look very different but until/ if they do, we are going to need all hands on deck.

Covid, Title, CLGS, Player Trading ????

26 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

... directors who, at the end of the day, buy shares of RIFC to bolster Club 1872 sharehold, right? Its not that they grab money for themselves or act in self-interest, as you might read into some replies.

Wouldn't suggest for a second that any elected director past or present has personally profited financially from any 1872 and those who would suggest so have no credibility,  to be honest (and I haven't checked) i do not recall anyone on this forum suggesting such a thing.

49 minutes ago, stewarty said:

2) C8172 are offered the chance to buy DK's shares but have knocked back the chance to take part in share issues in the last year or so, probably due to lack of significant cash reserves from donating members.  

They claim the reason why they didn't take part in the most recent share issue was because they weren't able to complete "due diligence". It's not been established what part of the club the C1872 board need to increase their knowledge on.

As for the others, as has been proven with the King request, they could just ask the fans for cash and they would get some. They would have been given a bit of notice. The fact that they didn't bother just increases speculation as to why they were so keen to do it for King.