I can't believe how often people refer to American democracy as something admirable or to be cherished.  The constitution and the founding principles - yes, what it has morphed into - no.

Does anyone else think the poor security response to what happened last week was intentional?  You're not telling me the Police, Feds and other groups didn't see it coming and had sufficient time to react.  

16 hours ago, Gonzo79 said:

I can't believe how often people refer to American democracy as something admirable or to be cherished.  The constitution and the founding principles - yes, what it has morphed into - no.

Does anyone else think the poor security response to what happened last week was intentional?  You're not telling me the Police, Feds and other groups didn't see it coming and had sufficient time to react.  

It is laughable that the US intelligence services are able to track and kill terrorists in caves or a house in Afghanistan and Pakistan and launch drones on specific targets in Iraq, but are unable to stop a few thousand loud and visible protesters from getting in the Capitol Hill grounds and building  - especially during a period of heightened global security. 

Are they really as incompetent as the film industry makes out!!

17 hours ago, forlanssister said:

Interesting video.

I was quite enjoying the show, even some of what was on his autocue, but when the music started I realised that this was just more of the same mind-numbing bullshit we are daily directed to swallow. Ffs is there no honesty left anywhere. America might be happy to see the world through Hollywood's eyes but I seem to need something more corporeal.

Edited by Bill

On 10/01/2021 at 14:33, ranger_syntax said:

I'm not signing up to the F.T. to read it.

Any chance you can provide details?

Not too difficult surely.

And I'm not going to to re-sign up just to provide details to you. Far more productive to ask whose interests you think the big parties govern? 

19 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

And I'm not going to to re-sign up just to provide details to you. Far more productive to ask whose interests you think the big parties govern? 

Nice body swerve!

If you're lucky he won't even notice you bottling it and deflecting on to something else.

5 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

Anybody would think that you either hadn't read it or couldn't understand it.