[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 33, 50)

2 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Durrant was only 19 when he scored that goal. Totally bodying Davie Cooper is pretty funny actually, particularly after one of the best 'assists' you'll see. 

Aye, about 65% of that goal was down to Cooper.

I could watch that side step shuffle all afternoon.

I had various favourites over the years, Parlane, Jardine, Russell but Cooper was the player that really excited me.

I got in after my first ever week away from home with the school (Loch Tay) and my Dad had kept the newspapers to show me Cooper had signed from Clydebank. I was estatic, happier than at any point during that week.

52 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Durrant was only 19 when he scored that goal. Totally bodying Davie Cooper is pretty funny actually, particularly after one of the best 'assists' you'll see. 

Agree....if memory serves match screened live on the BBC.

An absolutely fantastic player, he was class, yet in Scotland they celebrate that tackle that should have ended his career but it did stop him becoming a world class player.

Edited by ian1964

Always my favourite game - used to get a carry out and stand up by Burger King waiting for the buses to come in and get a spare ticket. The abuse was well received at the time also.

And scoring in this game was always the best so I could see my old school pals beyond the fence.

Should be business as usual today though. I fancy us 0-2.