[FT] Aberdeen 1 - 2 Rangers (Morelos 33, 50)

Was always going to be a tough game today now even more so without Jack, Arfield & Roofe.

I hope we start the game a lot better than we’ve been doing in recent weeks and canstop giving away possession carelessly at times. 

I also hope we see Hagi in his best role i.e supporting the central striker instead of stuck out wide. 

I see Mr Beaton is the referee today & he’s done us few favours at pittodrie in recent years especially with penalties.

6 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Was always going to be a tough game today now even more so without Jack, Arfield & Roofe.

I hope we start the game a lot better than we’ve been doing in recent weeks and canstop giving away possession carelessly at times. 

I also hope we see Hagi in his best role i.e supporting the central striker instead of stuck out wide. 

I see Mr Beaton is the referee today & he’s done us few favours at pittodrie in recent years especially with penalties.

... let`s hope you didn`t tempt Fate with that! ?

4 minutes ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

Can't agree with that tbh. Don't want to look back at the game and reflect on a great performance but not leaving with 3 pts in the bag. We cannot give them a glimmer of hope.

Points before performances for me all the way.

This.

Three points. 

I don't care how they come. 

57 minutes ago, alexscottislegend said:

May sound perverse to say this but I think the performance is more important than the result today. We haven't been playing well and you can't just turn form on and off like a tap. Sooner or later we will come unstuck. If we start to play like we can then we will be unstoppable.

That's a joke, right?

So it’s the team that started the second half last week that gets the nod today.

My only concern is that there is not many recent goals in that line up, but we certainly have the creativity in the side to open them up.

Agree with others in that we must start with the right tempo and take the game to them right from the off. Don’t let Cheating Beaton get an influence on the game where he will ignore their persistent fouling in terms of cards but will kill the flow and tempo of the game with constant stoppages, take forever to allow play to restart etc

3 points any way we can is all I want, but a return to our fast flowing quick-passing football would be glorious.

I have just seen the Aberdeen team, it's 3-5-2, with Cosgrove and Main starting up front.

I suspect McInnes has been impressed with Lennon's same formation with Griffiths and Edouard applying the high press?

The Dandies will be shelling it long from all over the pitch, stand up to it Rangers.