49 minutes ago, craig said:

Yeah, and less should we not be defeated in either of the OF games that tally drops by 2...….

In all honesty, it is highly likely we already have enough points to win the league - they are dross

33 minutes ago, RabiDuck said:

Don't let @Rousseau hear you talking like that...

giphy.gif

Seems to me there are two different issues here. One is the point of mathematical certainty that, by definition, arrives when it arrives. 

The other is winning the race to be champions and surely it's tedious to pretend we didn't actually win that race several weeks ago. Certainly, when Celtic started 2021 with a loss and 3 draws, the race was well over. Since that point there has been no realistic role for caution or concern. I know I've been celebrating our return to the top for over a month. Confirming it with a mathematical certainty is just pedantry. It's done, over, finito, crack the champagne.

I won't be celebrating until it's official, even though I think there's no chance of us being caught.  It's just protocol.

I think there's as much chance of us dropping points before we arrive at the Piggery, as there is them.

9 minutes ago, Devil's advocaat said:

That can only be based on the tea leaves, or the thoughts of a born pessimist! ?

I admit to being a pessimist but my comment is based on recent evidence (how many victories at the Toni Macaroni arena under Gerrard?).  

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Seems to me there are two different issues here. One is the point of mathematical certainty that, by definition, arrives when it arrives. 

The other is winning the race to be champions and surely it's tedious to pretend we didn't actually win that race several weeks ago. Certainly, when Celtic started 2021 with a loss and 3 draws, the race was well over. Since that point there has been no realistic role for caution or concern. I know I've been celebrating our return to the top for over a month. Confirming it with a mathematical certainty is just pedantry. It's done, over, finito, crack the champagne.

7 pts.

Seven points.

SEVEN POINTS.

SEVEN.

POINTS.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, DMAA said:

The guard of honour thing is a load of nonsense. I don't expect one from them and I certainly wouldn't expect us to ever give them one.

It IS a nonsense.  However, the press vilified us for supposedly not giving them one, we were called classless..... by their current manager....

So whilst it is a nonsense, I would have no hesitation in reminding them how we were treated when they were in the same position.