[FT] Motherwell 1 - 1 Rangers (Itten 72)

3 hours ago, RANGERRAB said:

Gallagher played Itten onside 

There is no view that’s been seen to suggest that conclusively.

Itten’s right foot looks to be closer to goal than any part of Gallagher’s body.

As I said though, the angle that’s being used isn’t great and it is inconclusive, which also shows why the decision of the linesman could have went either way.

And those who may scream for VAR may wish to rethink as VAR is likely to give us more decisions than cost us.

2 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Sarcasm doesn’t always come across well when written. By now the bheasts were supposed to be neck and neck as we always capitulate in January. I thought that was a decent point after a poor first half.

Ha, true - cheers mate.

Its strange because a week ago I was desperate for 3 points every game to ensure we would win the league.... now I’m more concerned about.... actually, know what, I don’t want to jinx anything ?

Very poor first half but they scored from what was basically their only chance.  We never worked the keeper but scored 1, had one off the line and Defoe could easily have snatched it at the end.

Motherwell are better than their league position suggests - and if they continue to play like that then Celtic will have problems with them too.

Really wanted the 3 points today because 14 (assuming the win their games in hand) would be almost unassailable.  But that said we have come out of the weekend having lost no ground despite another away game down whilst they were at home ????

2 hours ago, Tannochsidebear said:

Another point worth making is that we now have only 6 away games left, with 8 home matches. We are 11/11 at home.

That’s an interesting point - assuming Celtic win ALL their remaining games including against us twice (no laughing at the back) we need, technically, 10 wins and a draw - realistically just the 10 wins given goal difference....

so if we win 7 of 8 at Ibrox (assume Celtic beat us at home) we then need 3 wins from 6 away - 3 wins from 5 assuming Celtic beat us at Parkhead

And all of that supposes Celtic win out for the remainder of the season....

22 minutes ago, craig said:

Motherwell are better than their league position suggests - and if they continue to play like that then Celtic will have problems with them too.

Maybe under Alexander they will give the scum a game.