[FT] Motherwell 1 - 1 Rangers (Itten 72)

WHen you think that Davis has played in 20 league games this season, had 13 for 90 mins and another two for roughly 80 min, has only been subbed once (after 77) since the start of December (excl. the League Cup game) ... and then see him go full steam throughout every game ... amazing stuff.

The concern for the SFA XI is touching. Let's hope this alliance with Scotland's football authorities is as precious when they declare the season null and void to stop us winning "Celtic's title". I'm sure Ryan Jack would be quite happy extending his Rangers career at the expense of Rod Petrie's team.

Edited by Bill

1 minute ago, the gunslinger said:

Do we really drop Kamara? 

Only if Zungu is outperforming him. I don't see how Jack and Kamara should be vying for the same slot in the team.

RE Jack and Scotland - why he isnt first pick as holding midfielder especially when McTomiany is at the back is baffling.

I hear so many harp on about McGinn - I watched Serbia away and he was ultra rank first half - I dont know where his plaudits come from. He wouldnt be near the starting XI for me with the list of replacements.

Jack should also be first choice RB - he can play there easily yet all I saw in the last scotland games was a defender with a tash Ive no idea who he was.

And this coming from someone who wasnt originally the biggest Jack fan.

Edited by Gribz

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Only if Zungu is outperforming him. I don't see how Jack and Kamara should be vying for the same slot in the team.

Bill - same as Itten and Roofe Id like to see Zungu get more minutes. SG has a record that isnt broken and just wants to add so these guys are going to have to wait. As for your comment - I was in agreement yet Kamara should / could be more box to box and it all depends on who we are playing.

3 minutes ago, Gribz said:

As for your comment - I was in agreement yet Kamara should / could be more box to box and it all depends on who we are playing.

I could well be wrong but I thought Kamara had often been playing a more advanced role recently. At the same time Zungu has often come on as a late sub in a more defensive role to protect a lead. I think they both operate most effectively as progressive midfielders and naturally compete in that sense. Jack seems to me to be more of an alternative to Steve Davis, albeit a better defender. That said, your comment about depending on who we’re playing is obviously important. ? 

54 minutes ago, Bill said:

I could well be wrong but I thought Kamara had often been playing a more advanced role recently. At the same time Zungu has often come on as a late sub in a more defensive role to protect a lead. I think they both operate most effectively as progressive midfielders and naturally compete in that sense. Jack seems to me to be more of an alternative to Steve Davis, albeit a better defender. That said, your comment about depending on who we’re playing is obviously important. ? 

Yes, sorry for misunderstanding there - he has been more advanced and glad to see it - my comment was more towards earlier in the season. He should absolutely be heading forward in attacks and Jack should compliment him. Its possibly due to an early partnership of both holding last season. For me Kamara is box to box all day long and Jack a Stuart McCall.