Hadn't seen either of these articles posted, if they have been, I apologize.

Murray on Brown/Naismith:

_42932101_scottbrown_snsb203.jpg

Rangers executive chairman Sir David Murray says that the Light Blues could not afford to sign new Celtic midfielder Scott Brown from Hibernian.

He claims Brown could not have been accommodated in a new system which rewards key Ibrox players.

He said: "If he's on the wages that have been reported how would that leave us with our other players?

"Would Rangers' young Scots be happy to sign new deals on less than half what another young Scot was being paid?"

Scotland cap Brown ended up at Celtic Park in a £4.4m transfer despite ongoing speculation that Ibrox was his preferred destination.

Meanwhile, Murray also expressed an interest in reviving the club's wish to bring Kilmarnock's Steven Naismith to Ibrox.

He remains hopeful of securing the Scotland striker, despite a summer-long signing saga, even though Rangers boss Walter Smith has withdrawn the club's latest bid.

Kilmarnock chairman Michael Johnston has reported plenty of interest from other teams.

And the Ibrox chief explained: "We've the greatest respect for Kilmarnock but if they have other clubs who want to buy the player, why don't they accept one of those bids they've received?

"Walter has already spoken about the offer we made.

"He's a good young player and we'd like to have him here but he's 20 years old and at that age you're buying potential."

Murray is also backing Smith to bring Rangers closer to champions Celtic in the Scottish Premier League.

"What we can't have is the gap there was last season.

"Obviously we'd prefer to win it, but I think every Rangers supporter wants to see us compete."

0,,5~2810441,00.jpg

Murray On His Future:

CHAIRMAN Sir David Murray says Rangers hope to bring in another three players before the transfer window closes and will spend as much as £10m in total rebuilding the squad.

And he insists he has not found the right man or men to take over his role as custodian of the club.

Murray has made it clear that if the right offer comes in he will step aside but so far he has not been offered an acceptable bid that will guaranteee the future of Rangers.

He said: "What I have said repeatedly is that I am coming up for 20 years. I have been here 19 years and I have won 13 championships.

"I said that I didn't want to do this job forever but I will only sell if the right person comes along whom I believe can take the club on to a better and higher level.

"There have been a few nibbles but not the right people for me to hand over my legacy.

"I think you can see we have been quite active again in the market. We will spend over £10million this year on players by the time the window closes.

"We intend to bring in two or three more players. I am invigorated that Walter, Ally and Kenny are here. There has been a vibrancy.

"I remain committed to the club. A lot of things have happened to me in the last couple of years but I am no less committed to Rangers Football Club.

"There is no photo-fit of the ideal person to buy the club. I have to feel comfortable that my legacy and the future of the club will be in good hands.

"It is very hard to remain popular for 19 years. I have been through all the highs and all the lows and all the successes and failures.

"There is no point in someone coming along and using every single penny they have got to put them in a position to own the club."

If the three are Whittaker, Cousin and Naismith.. Well, who knows.