Ex-Rangers administrators David Whitehouse and Paul Clark in £21m settlement

35 minutes ago, Uilleam said:

What I am missing is what Mr Wolffe was doing between 2010 and 2016. From the potted biography, it seems that he was an Advocate Depute, in the Crown Office, until 2010, and he became Lord Advocate in 2016.

I can find cases in that period where he acted on both sides, so it seems that he just returned to being a QC.

16 minutes ago, Bluedell said:

So you're saying that the tweets that I posted aren't really of any relevance?

I don't know. They don't look to be of earth shattering import, but I stand to be corrected.

It’s probably different in modern, corporate, career-path days but in the long ago, it was normal for high-flying members of the Faculty of Advocates to take time away from private practice to do a turn as Advocate-depute in the Crown Office for a few years before going back to gold mining. It was seen as a sort of honourable thing for a decent chap to do.

3 hours ago, Scott7 said:

It’s probably different in modern, corporate, career-path days but in the long ago, it was normal for high-flying members of the Faculty of Advocates to take time away from private practice to do a turn as Advocate-depute in the Crown Office for a few years before going back to gold mining. It was seen as a sort of honourable thing for a decent chap to do.

No more, I expect: there isn't even honour among thieves, these days.

• 2 weeks later...

They'd be better just closing down the Crown office and asking Humza Useless to decide who gets prosecuted in the squalid SNP circus formerly known as Scotland.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

They'd be better just closing down the Crown office and asking Humza Useless to decide who gets prosecuted in the squalid SNP circus formerly known as Scotland.

Is that not what happens?