Laid off Ferguson's worker fuming after foreign labour drafted in at yard

54 minutes ago, MacK1950 said:

Don't know how this works now ex Brexit but would think work visas are needed and if so surely they should be treated as no entry because there are sufficient(probably) personnel available locally/Scotland-wide.

In factories and building sites across the country EU nationals having been doing jobs that because they are so much cheaper. The fact that we have generally raised living standards and there is a "going rate" for each role, means nothing when a sub contractor can save £30 - £50 per day per worker even if there is already a surplus of those skills in the country. 

The much vaunted, much delayed points based system may address some of this now Brexit has happened and free movement curtailed, but i'm sure firms will circumvent the system if they can. 

1 hour ago, ChelseaBoy said:

The much vaunted, much delayed points based system may address some of this now Brexit has happened and free movement curtailed, but i'm sure firms will circumvent the system if they can.

I feel that now the "freedom" of movement should now be finished and that Britain should be adopting same rules as likes of U.S. and Australia and refuse entry.