Rangers in line to become richest Scot club amid Desmond reveal

2 hours ago, JohnMc said:

All this talk of 'Champions' gives me the fear. We've won nothing yet, nothing.

And yes this is true. I don’t doubt for a minute that Gerrard is keeping the team laser focused and working on the assumption that they won’t drop another point all season. Unfortunately I have fallen into the #badjuju camp because I fully trust Gerrard to bring this one home now. 

Celtic 'would prefer' to keep Neil Lennon until the end of the season ahead of operations overhaul

The Parkhead club are said to be keen to keep their manager in place until this season is wrapped up at which point they intend to reshape the football department.

Under pressure Celtic power brokers would prefer to retain Neil Lennon until the end of the season amid growing pressure to remove their beleaguered manager, according to a report. 

The Daily Mail suggest that the Parkhead club is planning an overhaul of their football operations in the summer that would see significant changes to their set-up.

And it is the preference of the decision makers at the club that the Irishman be retained to see out this season to a conclusion.

Chief Executive Peter Lawwell reportedly planned to give a 'state-of-play' video address to update fans this week but that idea has now been shelved following reaction to last week's apology over the trip to Dubai.

If it is true they are planning a massive operations overhaul in the summer, then it will be a very bad season to be starting their European campaign as early as July 20th (if they finish 2nd). This season they hadn’t made a single signing till July 30th (most were far later than that) and they had only played their first pre-season game a few days before that date. It is very hard to make good quality transfers that early in the transfer window at the best of times, never mind when there has been a change in the management personnel at the club. 

If we win the league, we would be given an extra fortnight before our first qualifier. If the winners of this season UCL win their domestic league then we would get a whole extra month before our first European game (playoffs). See, I’m being good, adding “if” left right and centre. 

Edited by DMAA

4 hours ago, Scott7 said:

I think the finance chap is saying Rangers will be wealthier than celtic if Rangers get a lot if money and celtic don’t. I can agree with that.

Unless we spend it. 

i don't think that he mentions that, but it's an easy mistake for a financial guru to make. 

Given the Scum`s dire form right now, as well as the chance (however small) to grab a CL spot that might hand finances to either Hibs or Aberdeen that both clubs put together have not seen in the last 20 to 30 years, they should break their necks in their chase for 2nd. THAT would really throw them into meltdown.

18 hours ago, DMAA said:

I must be bored so I decided check how much of a difference finishing first makes to who you can draw in the Champions league qualifying rounds by looking at this seasons rounds. You can get an idea from this below. Basically a bad draw and we could easily go out (Salzburg will be there again next season), but a good draw and it’s easy and only two games. League path is clearly harder and one additional tie that could go wrong. 

Champions Path
Best Case

3rd qualifying round - Qarabag/Dynamo Brest

Play-off - Molde/Omonia

Worst Case

3rd qualifying round - Dinamo Zagreb

Play-off - Red Bull Salzburg

League Path
Best Case

2nd qualifying round - Viktoria Plzeň

3rd qualifying round - Rapid Wien

Play-off - Gent

Worst Case

2nd qualifying round - PAOK/Besiktas

3rd qualifying round - Benfica

Play-off - Dynamo Kiev

That's all good and well, but I thought the winners of the Europa League got automatic qualification through to the group stages of the Champions League?

#notgettingcarriedawayatall