Chelsea sack Lampard and appoint Tuchel

I don't understand the reaction?

There seems to be a consensus that Lampard shouldn't have been sacked, that he's unlucky, had difficult circumstances (which is true, I Suppose), that it's just the Chelsea model etc. 

I thought he was shite.

Chelsea had some good moments where they ground out results, but that was fleeting. The majority has been pretty average.

There's also been no progress, despite buying some top talent. 

• Rousseau changed the title to Chelsea sack Lampard and set to appoint Tuchel
2 hours ago, alexscottislegend said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55794158

Nightmare scenario for us - Lampard goes to Keltic and takes Billy Gilmour with him. Please God, no.

there is absolutely NO chance is Billy Gilmour going to Celtic.  He is the future of Chelsea - in fact, he should be a first choice ahead of Kovacic.  They should, IMO, build the team around him because he dictates play and tempo.

2 hours ago, Gribz said:

We started discussing it in the Premier League thread in Football Chat ?

Lampard at Celtic wouldnt be a nightmare for me at all. Gerrard was twice the player and proving to be twice the manager.

Lampard has taken a season and a half spent £200 million this summer (on very good players it must be said) yet still didnt know his best team.  Lampard at Celtic wouldnt't scare me at all.  Gilmour going to Celtic is a non-starter IMHO.

A sadly unsurprising turn of events, given results and performances. 

Chelsea spent a huge amount of money in the last window, although I thought that this was, maybe, the Club catching up following its Transfer Ban.

The resultant team, however, has singularly failed to impress, in fact, in many respects, has struggled,  and the new players, particularly the two German donnerstiefel, have looked, well, like duds. 

Tuchel, or a coach like Tuchel, will surely get a better tune out of the squad. 

As for Lampard to Piggery Place, I would be very surprised:

-Frank is neither stupid, nor unhinged;

-he has no sellik pedigree or connection;

-if he can't optimise performance from the expensively assembled array of talent at The Bridge, then how will he manage with that lucky bag of playing staff at Porkheid?

Two weeks ago, Eddy Howe was nailed onto the sellik job; last week it was Rafa Benitez; this week, presumably Lampard will be the nap.

Next week? The next high profile dismissal in Europe. 

Edited by Uilleam

Big mistake by Chelsea they should have employed as their new manager the dream team of Darren Gough and Adrian Durham one a mediocre cricketer the other a bawheid but there's nothing they dont know about football 

3 hours ago, Gribz said:

We started discussing it in the Premier League thread in Football Chat ?

Lampard at Celtic wouldnt be a nightmare for me at all. Gerrard was twice the player and proving to be twice the manager.

Subjective and probably wrong.