Chelsea sack Lampard and appoint Tuchel

2 hours ago, Uilleam said:

Better than mediocre, Compo

58 Tests, 229 wkts @28.39.

159 ODIs, 235 wkts @26.42

https://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/player/13411.html

Doubt if his figures would put him in a top 100 of those lists take someone like Joel Garner for instance same amount of tests for an average of 20.97 now that's bowling ?

1 minute ago, compo said:

Doubt if his figures would put him in a top 100 of those lists take someone like Joel Garner for instance same amount of tests for an average of 20.97 now that's bowling ?

Still better than mediocre.

Very decent record at Test level.

6 hours ago, craig said:

Lampard has taken a season and a half spent £200 million this summer (on very good players it must be said) yet still didnt know his best team.  Lampard at Celtic wouldnt't scare me at all.  Gilmour going to Celtic is a non-starter IMHO.

Yeah! I can just see him going there for a Scottish record transfer and us pocketing 20% of the transfer fee for developing him!:roflmao::roflmao2:

Unbelievable. In the Metro:  

Chelsea star Kepa Arrizabalaga was ‘baffled’ by lack of tactical instructions from Frank Lampard

All the idiot had to do was catch the ball and not get beaten from 30 yards as often  - how tactical did it need to get for him?  :) :) :) 

11 hours ago, Rousseau said:

I don't understand the reaction?

There seems to be a consensus that Lampard shouldn't have been sacked, that he's unlucky, had difficult circumstances (which is true, I Suppose), that it's just the Chelsea model etc. 

I thought he was shite.

Chelsea had some good moments where they ground out results, but that was fleeting. The majority has been pretty average.

There's also been no progress, despite buying some top talent. 

I agree. Even though they had a long unbeaten period it didnt seem convincing. He was getting the formation very wrong. They should have been going 4-1-4-1 or 4-2-3-1 or even playing with a back 3. But the 4-3-3 just wasnt suited to these players at all. He could have turned Werner into the new Torres. Id have had Giroud as my first choice No.9 at the moment and Kante alone in the 'Makeleke role' that he has taken over. Too much has went onto the likes of Mount who has talent but still not the real deal. 

He definitely needed another year at Derby yet I can understand why he took the job - but in this case he needed an experienced coach along side him especially on the touchline - perhaps Zola (albeit not been the best manager) would have been a good shout.

10 hours ago, craig said:

Lampard has taken a season and a half spent £200 million this summer (on very good players it must be said) yet still didnt know his best team.  Lampard at Celtic wouldnt't scare me at all.  Gilmour going to Celtic is a non-starter IMHO.

Thats exactly what I said - Wouldnt scare me at all. Yet the reaction seems to be its a non-starter. The bookies have him in as third favourite after Rafa and Howe. TBH It might be unlikely but I dont think its unrealistic as Frank will have to drop down a level to gain more experience plus he will have looked at what Gerrard is doing. And the possibility of Champions League if second place in the league qualifies (Im not sure if thats confirmed with the co-efficient)

I never mentioned Gilmour going to Celtic - that was ASIL.

18 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Unbelievable. In the Metro:  

Chelsea star Kepa Arrizabalaga was ‘baffled’ by lack of tactical instructions from Frank Lampard

All the idiot had to do was catch the ball and not get beaten from 30 yards as often  - how tactical did it need to get for him?  :) :) :) 

That is undoubtedly a "wasn't my fault I'm a pish keeper" - throwing his old boss under the bus to save his own career