FC Barcelona debt levels....

1 minute ago, craig said:

Barcelona apparently have over 1.1 BILLION EUROS of debt.  That is a remarkable number.

I seem to remember Real Madrid had similar debt problems 15 or so past. Didn't Madrid Council and central Government arrive at a fudge? Whereby Real sold a number of properties and tracks of land acquired under Franco's rule to central gov't and hawked their training ground to the council?

I remember reading about it in the Spanish papers in Mallorca.

23 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

I seem to remember Real Madrid had similar debt problems 15 or so past. Didn't Madrid Council and central Government arrive at a fudge? Whereby Real sold a number of properties and tracks of land acquired under Franco's rule to central gov't and hawked their training ground to the council?

I remember reading about it in the Spanish papers in Mallorca.

That is correct

21 hours ago, compo said:

They owe liverpool 25 million the scousers should demand their cash 

It is more than that mate.  Rumour is that Liverpool have tendered it to a factoring company.