Peter Lawell to step down as Celtic CEO

3 minutes ago, JohnMc said:

Interesting news indeed. He's only in his early 60s so I'm not sure I'm buying 'retirement', there's clearly been a lot of stuff going on in the background for a few months for this to be delivered. 

Be under no mistake though, this is a reaction to what we've achieved on the pitch this season. 

There's been a suggestion that Lawwell was planning to step away after this season after they achieved their "10". However, you're probably right in that any decision has been removed from him, given the issues that they've been having.

I wonder if the  "club for everyone" (or whatever lie it currently employs to describe itself) considered any BAME, or women, or LBGT candidates. 

Another white, middle class male, of a particular religious background,  in a senior position does nothing for diversity, or inclusiveness,  but does send out a signal, as easily read as a puff of smoke from the Vatican lum. 

1 hour ago, JohnMc said:

Interesting news indeed. He's only in his early 60s so I'm not sure I'm buying 'retirement', there's clearly been a lot of stuff going on in the background for a few months for this to be delivered. I don't know Dominic McKay but I've not been impressed with how Scottish Rugby has been run in recent years. Their inability to turn Edinburgh into a European powerhouse in club rugby has demonstrated ineptitude on a grand scale. They have been good at finding sponsors and corporate partners, very different demographic though. 

Be under no mistake though, this is a reaction to what we've achieved on the pitch this season. 

Yes, the SRU is hardly a model of excellence, and, if it ever was, has not been for some time. 

One wonders, then, why a football club would take someone from there for a very senior position, aside from the obvious.

(As an aside, my mate texted me to say that McKay follows La Sturgeon,  the pope, and rasellik  -an unholy Trinity, some may remark- on Twitter, although he did not clarify the order of precedence, if such there is.)

Reference Dominic McKay.

Anyone who has had the misfortune to regularly dip their toe in the toxic broth that is Phil McFournames output over the years, will know his Scottish football source is named, 'Rugger Chap'.

Rugger Chap is renaissance man, like Phil he has eaten the boiled ham raw. There is an unequaled level of expertise from Analytical Accountant to Consultant on Company Law.

Amid ra Sellik Twitteratti, there appears to be an acceptance that Peter should continue to exercise his green gingers on the Allotment. Jum Spence is very agitated about McKay's arrival, whereas Phil McFournames and the Hag' have acknowledged it, with no further comment. Of course, Old Aloysians will enjoy soft murmurings over this evening's port.