[FT] Rangers 1 (Hagi 52) - 0 St Johnstone

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Childish, but as you will :thup:

Mate, it is the replies you throw my way time and again, suggesting your opinion is more true or valid. It is just your opinion though and I get the impression, as noted, that there is more to it. by that as it may, Kent played up to his usual standard today and wasted too many opportunities. And there comes a time when we need to raise standards and he has to raise standards. Else people will question why he is picked time and again as opposed to try something else. The club is greater than the man, you know ...

7 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

Mate, it is the replies you throw my way time and again, suggesting your opinion is more true or valid. It is just your opinion though and I get the impression, as noted, that there is more to it. by that as it may, Kent played up to his usual standard today and wasted too many opportunities. And there comes a time when we need to raise standards and he has to raise standards. Else people will question why he is picked time and again as opposed to try something else. The club is greater than the man, you know ...

My opinion s of equal validity to yours, not less and certainly not more.  And that is all it is, my opinion.  It isn't personal and if others were making the same commentary about Kent I would be saying the same thing.

Kent has been fine this season, but will be held to higher standards than others, probably because of how much he cost, which is natural I guess.  But Kent also offers a lot more to the team, in my opinion, than what people are expecting of him.  People are looking for goals and assists from him, which is fair enough.  However, what they seem to ignore is that Kent creates, just by his presence, trickery, directness and pace, a ton of space for Barisic to get into, by way of overlap or even just space to control and send a cross in.

Take today for example..... Kent is getting pilloried for being poor.  The whole team, save McGregor, Itten and the subs were poor.  But guess what.... everyone will say our goal came from a fantastic Davis pass (yes, it was), a fantastic Barisic cross (yes, it was).... but what nobody (or very few) seem to be noticing is the part that Kent played in that build up.  He sucked Accies players out to him, allowing Barisic acres of space to pick out his cross after the fine pass from Davis.

As you say often, it isnt "black and white" - and it certainly isnt with Kent either.

What opportunities did Kent waste today ?  We never tested their keeper at all, and that isnt down to Kent.  Hagi was ineffective too, as was Aribo, Zungu, Kamara.

I am not saying never drop Kent.  But who else do we have in the team that would have dropped out for him today ?  Remembering Hagi was already in the team - the only real option would have been Roofe (and SG said why he wanted to keep him in reserve) or Wright (too early to bring him in for a start).