[FT] Hamilton Acas 1 - 1 Rangers (Easton 80 o.g.)

23 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Yep & the manager needs to stop being over loyal to Kent & Aribo who contributed little today.

Also u can’t play ur normal game on that plastic pitch. You need to adapt. That means cutting out all the short passing in ur own penalty area for starters 

The thing is, both have been in very decent form of late.  Today they were poor, it happens.  You can't bemoan the manager for sticking with them when they've been playing well, as they have.  And you certainly wouldn't take them both off before half-time even though it wasnt working out.

2 minutes ago, craig said:

I think his performance today will signal we dont make the loan permanent.  Decent enough player but doesnt offer enough on either side of the ball.  Shame as I had high hopes for him.

As well as Zungu the other worry I’d have from today’s starting XI is Itten. He’ll never be a 25-30 goals per season striker as far as I can see 

We have a section amongst our support that really need to calm down , we dropped points at a place that’s horrendous to play football at , should we have won yes , did we ,no .

we simply move onto the next game , this league is won , sometimes a wee kick in the arse can be a good thing .

7 minutes ago, craig said:

The thing is, both have been in very decent form of late.  Today they were poor, it happens.  You can't bemoan the manager for sticking with them when they've been playing well, as they have.  And you certainly wouldn't take them both off before half-time even though it wasnt working out.

As I said I think you need to adapt your game to play on that plastic pitch. You can’t play out from the back as easily. We nearly got caught out just before HT and other times too.

You could see how Accies are used to it by the number of longballs they play out from the back.

We’ve been caught out before at livi & Kilmarnock too on these pitches. I think it needs to be horses for courses on these plastic pitches.

I’d have left out Kent or Aribo today & stuck an extra man in central MF to give us a central MF three

Edited by RANGERRAB

Have just logged on and quickly read the posts,my questions are ;-

1) When are we going to learn how to see a game out,Hamilton goal came from when we were attacking and lost the bal,but defense also culpable?.

2) How long will Aribo keep getting 90 minutes,abysmal again today.?Roll on Arfield returning.

12 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

As well as Zungu the other worry I’d have from today’s starting XI is Itten. He’ll never be a 25-30 goals per season striker as far as I can see 

I think there is a player in there - but today wasn't down to him, I don't think.  The other two up front, Kent and Hagi, plus the 3 behind, never got close enough to him to create anything.  I think it is too early to say he won't be that player in a game like this where the full team, keeper and subs aside, weren't at it.

11 minutes ago, rbr said:

We have a section amongst our support that really need to calm down , we dropped points at a place that’s horrendous to play football at , should we have won yes , did we ,no .

we simply move onto the next game , this league is won , sometimes a wee kick in the arse can be a good thing .

Should we have won ?  Yes

Did we win ? No

Did we deserve to win ? No

Did we deserve a point ? No

It is that latter one that is encouraging - we didnt even deserve a point but so very nearly took all 3.  A season ago and we would have crumbled when we knew we were playing so poorly. 

9 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

As I said I think you need to adapt your game to play on that plastic pitch. You can’t play out from the back as easily. We nearly got caught out just before HT and other times too.

You could see how Accies are used to it by the number of longballs they play out from the back.

We’ve been caught out before at livi & Kilmarnock too on these pitches. I think it needs to be horses for courses on these plastic pitches.

I’d have left out Kent or Aribo today & stuck an extra man in central MF to give us a central MF three

Personally I think the league needs to BAN these plastic pitches.  Amateur hour when the league allow 25% of pitches in the top flight to be artificial surface.  They're brutal.