[FT] Hamilton Acas 1 - 1 Rangers (Easton 80 o.g.)

1 hour ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

I think after today you will not see Zungu after his loan agreement expires. Tidy enough but does he offer more than what we have? With the lad also coming in from Bournemouth, I think his days are numbered tbh

Yes, that must be why we went for Oformor (sp?).

50 minutes ago, craig said:

I think there is a player in there - but today wasn't down to him, I don't think.  The other two up front, Kent and Hagi, plus the 3 behind, never got close enough to him to create anything.  I think it is too early to say he won't be that player in a game like this where the full team, keeper and subs aside, weren't at it.

Hmmmm....we’ll need to see about Itten. 

49 minutes ago, craig said:

Personally I think the league needs to BAN these plastic pitches.  Amateur hour when the league allow 25% of pitches in the top flight to be artificial surface.  They're brutal.

And you need to adapt ur game on these pitches. Which we don’t seem to do. Difficult to play out from the back. 

Did anyone notice how  accies  just punted the ball down the middle constantly?

Is it just me or is the running speed of the forum about as slow as a Rangers build up :P Not a complaint !

I think Hamilton will be very disappointed not to have got all three points, which seems daft after they only equalised with the last kick.

We never got going all day. Easy to say now but I thought it was a strange game to tinker so much with the middle of the park, and I don't think it was a coincidence we improved slightly once Jack and Davis came on.

All things considered its disappointing but its not the end of the world. I wish we were playing midweek to get back on track. Important to come flying out the blocks next week against Killie

That game was a lot like St Mirren, we just couldn’t control it. They pressed us relentlessly at times so we can’t complain that they didn’t come out. The surface is terrible but we didn’t have that excuse at St Mirren. Jack and Davis looked a big miss, though it is probably oversimplifying things to say starting them would have resulted in a different outcome. 

Going forward I thought Itten did well and was probably our best outfield performer bar Jack but he was feeding off scraps. Hagi struggled to make an impact but he shouldn’t have been hooked, his style of play is less impacted by the surface than Kent. Kent tried but his end product wasn’t there, another good chance missed. Roofe wasn’t on for long but still looked like he needs to recover some fitness. 

For the goal we conceded I actually thought my main man Helander was primarily responsible. Tavernier didn’t need to close a man down so far up the pitch, Davis should have spotted the danger sooner and got goal-side and Aribo should have been goalside of his man too (who scored) but I think Helander (and Barisic too) panicked a bit as he was caught ball watching and lost his man altogether for the cross. When the ball left the boy’s foot I think Goldson, Helander and Barisic were more or less within touching distance of each other and Hamilton’s player was in acres of space in the box. That wouldn’t have happened if it was earlier in the game, I think they panicked a bit and lost focus. 

There is obviously no reason to panic. Wright will be a good addition, Jack and Roofe are getting back up to speed and Arfield will be back soon too. But it is true that we haven’t recovered our form of Aug-Nov for whatever reason. 

Edited by DMAA

Sunday was disappointing, not disastrous.

It's a marathon, not a sprint.

Our results since Xmas have been a massive improvement on last January.

Our performances have been classic January/February fare.

Few in this team have any experience of winning titles, they will soon.

Hamilton in early February will be long forgotten when the league trophy is held aloft.