Roofe banned for two games

21 minutes ago, stewarty said:

There seems to be a bigger vacuum within the corridors of Hampden now that Whyte is no longer in post.  If thats even possible?

If I'm reading correctly, they now have a panel of referees review incidents and cite players, rather than, as I understood it, the Compliance Officer contacting the referee to ask whether they saw the incident clearly and acting only when its clear there were elements of an incident that were missed.

It's over forty-five years since I sat in a Science classroom, but I remember nature hates a vacuum.

It appears certain members of Sportscene/Sportsound and Sky Sports Scots regulars have filled the vacuum. Seriously, our Club should suggest Michael Stewart Referees our games on the pitch. Why wait for the deliberation and the complexities of TV schedules?

26 minutes ago, 26th of foot said:

It appears certain members of Sportscene/Sportsound and Sky Sports Scots regulars have filled the vacuum

The vacuous cannot fill a vacuum. 

Edited by Uilleam

we can hardly demand consistency and expect this to go ignored. Truth is while there was no malice in this it was reckless and dangerous. 

parity has to start somewhere. Ajeti dived if he is banned that is right. Browns elbow wasn't a red but at least was looked at. 

truth is though this whole thing should be scrapped as it only applies to rangers and celtc games really and always has. no one else watches the other games. 

11 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

we can hardly demand consistency and expect this to go ignored. Truth is while there was no malice in this it was reckless and dangerous. 

parity has to start somewhere. Ajeti dived if he is banned that is right. Browns elbow wasn't a red but at least was looked at. 

truth is though this whole thing should be scrapped as it only applies to rangers and celtc games really and always has. no one else watches the other games. 

The problem is that no other players seem to be getting called up. I don't think Ajeti dived, he'll get off. Roofe's tackle is different to the Morelos incident, this was in play trying to get the ball. Morelos was an off the ball incident with no intention of trying to get the ball. The two aren't comparable and this is now in the grey areas of re-refereeing games.

I mean the goalkeeper definitely catches his ankle, whether it’s enough to put him down or not is another matter, but it doesn’t seem hugely different from our pen at Aberdeen which we seemed happy to accept. 

I know what you are trying to imply, it’s petty.

It was a dive.  

The main issue with the retrospective process we're witnessing is that TV pundits seem to be prompting it.  It seems to focus mainly on matches involving us and that lot, which demonstrates, quite clearly, its inconsistent methodology.

I'm sure there are nasty tackles during Kilmarnock vs Ross County and Hamilton vs Motherwell matches but no one seems to notice or care.

The whole thing is a farce.