Roofe banned for two games

9 hours ago, Bill said:

On what basis would you take this to the courts.  Seriously, no one is ever going to get anywhere with this if we continue to waste time and energy on fictitious remedies and impossible solutions. It is what it is. You either change the relationship between Rangers and the SPFL & SFA to something like we had well before the Murray years or you settle for how it is today. Celtic are benefiting now because they understood better than we did that this is essentially a political battle, not a legal one. Many years ago Rangers was by far the most influential club in the Scottish game but we turned that into a "no one likes us, we don't care" situation. Of course it's not entirely as simple as that but you get my point.

I agree with the politics stuff. But there's something different this time too. We saw last year that Doncaster and co were going nowhere even when caught bang to rights. Even look at the Salmond enquiry, there's a new variant of shamelessness going around.

I initially thought that this would be a last hurrah from them, but i'm not so sure now.

Looking at the Rangers board, they really should've fronted up to this 2 or 3 years ago.

6 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

Looking at the Rangers board, they really should've fronted up to this 2 or 3 years ago.

if we win the league and with Lawwell standing down, it would be ideal opportunity for them to act with a greater position of strength than they may have had up until now.

The point remains that they use the rulebook in some cases (ref saw it, yellow card, move on), in similar cases there is a review (ref saw it, said why he gave a yellow, then it gets evaluated again) and in cases where the ref didn`t see it or gave no foul or card, action is being taken or not, as they see fit. On identical or worse fouls and simulations.

As said before, if Roofe gets done for it, change the rules and apply the rules to all and everyone. Make it an open case who is actually reviewing the cases, at least to the clubs in question.

Given the UEFA stance on clubs taking governing bodies to court, is there a route to have UEFA consider the validity or fairness of the disciplinary process in Scotland so we wouldn't need to take court action? There must be some route available with UEFA...

2 minutes ago, RabiDuck said:

Given the UEFA stance on clubs taking governing bodies to court, is there a route to have UEFA consider the validity or fairness of the disciplinary process in Scotland so we wouldn't need to take court action? There must be some route available with UEFA...

How about this?

UEFA Reporting Platform

17 minutes ago, RabiDuck said:

That would work, but I'd hope there's an avenue for the club that's not anonymous.

The main spot of bother for the club probably is that the cabal at the top of the SPFL / SFA wil throw the rulebook our way and whip up funny charges / penalties for bringing the game into disrepute or whatever they can think of. As long as there is no support for change the status quo, it is treacherous ground.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

Whatever is the next step it would take needs to be taken.

Else nothing will change. And that cannot be an option.

It's been the reality for at least the last 30 years so it's clearly more than an option

46 minutes ago, Rick Roberts said:

I agree with the politics stuff. But there's something different this time too. We saw last year that Doncaster and co were going nowhere even when caught bang to rights. Even look at the Salmond enquiry, there's a new variant of shamelessness going around.

I initially thought that this would be a last hurrah from them, but i'm not so sure now.

It's the much-heralded Post Truth Era in all its stinking glory and I agree its definitely a change for the worse. It has essentially removed all trace of integrity from the equation of human values. This leaves people who still believe in decency and dignity at a distinct disadvantage and frustrated by their impotence. However the old adage still applies ... it's not describing the problem that counts but describing the solution ... and if there was one then better people than me would have described it long ago.