Roofe banned for two games

5 minutes ago, compo said:

you commit a transgression you have to face the music all we can ask for is a level playing field lets just get on with winning this league 

We can ask but we won't get and on that basis I agree we just have to get on with it.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

On what basis?

That's kind of the point it's the next step up and we have done it before but you have to have a basis and you can get in real trouble for it. 

We beat the SFA in court around 2012 but in the end had to accept the punishment as part of the 5 way agreement. 

hard to see any basis here given he is clearly guilty. 

3 minutes ago, the gunslinger said:

That's kind of the point it's the next step up and we have done it before but you have to have a basis and you can get in real trouble for it. 

We beat the SFA in court around 2012 but in the end had to accept the punishment as part of the 5 way agreement. 

hard to see any basis here given he is clearly guilty. 

Even if we "thought" he wasn't guilty, it wouldn't make any difference so long as the referee and the CO "thought" he was. Issues like this aren't about right and wrong, at least not in any demonstrable sense of the word. It's all opinion and interpretation. The football authorities hold all the aces in these disputes and there isn't a single thing we can do about it. It's frustrating and often unfair but it's the reality of it.

58 minutes ago, stewarty said:

There are FIFA/UEFA rules against clubs taking their local FA's to court.   Hence why we had to accept the 5-way agreement stitch up even though it wasn't legal.

Yes, ultimately they can do whatever the hell they like with complete impunity. A bit like a parliamentary enquiry at Holyrood - act as judge and jury and only ever investigate yourself.

I've often wondered if supporters might be able to take legal action against SFA/SPFL if they could somehow demonstrate loss. It wouldn't be loss in the same terms as the club or players but it might be a way to show SFA/SPFL incompetence or wrongdoing. At the very least it might shine a light on them and cause persuasive embarrassment. I've no clear idea how this might work but it doesn't seem impossible. I wonder if there's a precedent somewhere?

38 minutes ago, Bill said:

Yes, ultimately they can do whatever the hell they like with complete impunity. A bit like a parliamentary enquiry at Holyrood - act as judge and jury and only ever investigate yourself.

I've often wondered if supporters might be able to take legal action against SFA/SPFL if they could somehow demonstrate loss. It wouldn't be loss in the same terms as the club or players but it might be a way to show SFA/SPFL incompetence or wrongdoing. At the very least it might shine a light on them and cause persuasive embarrassment. I've no clear idea how this might work but it doesn't seem impossible. I wonder if there's a precedent somewhere?

Where there is someone with money to burn and a legal axe to grind, you'll find a lawyer willing to send an invoice for their time.

2 hours ago, stewarty said:

There are FIFA/UEFA rules against clubs taking their local FA's to court.   Hence why we had to accept the 5-way agreement stitch up even though it wasn't legal.

Would have to read that rule stuff back, but I seem to remember that UEFA does not look kindly on somesuch and has a rule that a association will be barred from European competition if there is such a dispute. We should have treid that in season`s passed, be it with the CO running wild and referees mad the season afterwards, but nowadays I doubt we`ll risk CL participation.

Saying that, the club should demand (and you wonder whether other will join that trail) an even handed approach to all games and assess all incidents, with those deciding on it made public (at least to the clubs in question), so no malicious/biased/strange pattern can develop. In essence, it is no big ask.

AND TO NO ONE'S SURPRISE:

Fast Track Notice of Complaint | Kemar Roofe, Player, Rangers FC

Wednesday 10 February 2021
Player: Kemar Roofe, Rangers FC

Match: Rangers FC v St Johnstone FC

Date: Wednesday 3 February 2021

Competition: Scottish Premiership

Disciplinary Rule allegedly breached: Disciplinary Rule 200: Where any one of the sending off offences of (A1) serious foul play, (A2) violent conduct, and (A3) spitting at an opponent or any other person is committed by a player at a match, but that sending off offence was not seen by any of the match officials at the time that it was committed, the mandatory suspension for that sending off offence as provided for in Annex C of the Judicial Panel Protocol shall be applied to the player.

Any Fast Track Notice of Complaint alleging a breach of this Rule shall be Determined by a Fast Track Tribunal subject to the provisions of Section 13.

Fast Track Tribunal Hearing: Wednesday 10 February 2021

Outcome: Proved. 2 match mandatory suspension, effective immediately to the player's Recognised Team's next 2 SPFL Premiership matches. (A1 Serious Foul Play).