SFA's Independent Report on Sexual Abuse in Football

I think the club also has a duty to reach out to victims that haven't already come forward to create a safe and confidential space, with all the appropriate support needed to allow them to receive closure and for their story to be heard.  We can't assume that just because only a couple of victims are known at this point, that there are not others.

This isn't about PR, its about doing the right thing.

2 hours ago, the gunslinger said:

Ranger certainly appear to be handling this awfully and every minute without a proper response heaps on more embarrassment. 

May I ask whether the Scum or any of the clubs involved have issued anything thus far? Obviously, this shall not end up as whataboutery, but IMHO, there is some sort of deflection campaign from some quarters, people who lay into Rangers on these one or two issues (interestingly enough, we suddenly have a couple of unnamed people coming out now and not when the full scale stuff was going on ... or maybe they did and the media kept int on the cupboard) yet have been tight lipped about the 3-decade scandal at the Scumhut.

I would assume that the club knows what it is doing, when and with whom. For no matter what, whatever we will say on the matter will be taken up and painted in more deflection-negative trash a la "Rangers accept that padophiles molested their Youths squads". For once, I think a dignified silence is appropriate, not least when we actually check what is being written and how we should response properly if true.

NB: And I would like to add that citing Celtic`s quick response is fine, yet all these citations miss out on the fact that they - in the same statement - began the myth that their boys club was a seperate entity.

Edited by der Berliner

1 minute ago, der Berliner said:

May I ask whether the Scum or any of the clubs involved have issued anything thus far? Obviously, this shall not end up as whataboutery, but IMHO, there is some sort of deflection campaign from some quarters, people who lay into Rangers on these one or two issues (interestingly enough, we suddenly have a couple of unnamed people coming out now and not when the full scale stuff was going on ... or maybe they did and the media kept int on the cupboard) yet have been tight lipped about the 3-decade scandal at the Scumhut.

I would assume that the club knows what it is doing, when and with whom. For no matter what, whatever we will say on the matter will be taken up and painted in more deflection-negative trash a la "Rangers accept that padophiles molested their Youths squads". For once, I think a dignified silence is appropriate, not least when we actually check what is being written and how we should response properly if true.

yes they have, putting us to shame unfortunately. 

Just now, the gunslinger said:

yes they have, putting us to shame unfortunately. 

One way of looking at it. I added a sentence above. Likewise, a couple of people seemingly only came forward after the report ... and whether they actually contacted the club remains a bit of a mystery.

You mean, once the report comes up and "demands" an apology Celtic-style (painting them in fake-fine light), yet says nothing about actions that need to be taken because of these deeds, we shall apologize in a standard manner? "Just" for the sake of it?

I would assume that, at the time, we sure apologized to the victim of Neely, probably in a non-public manner. I can`t say much about these current claims, nor what the club is planning to do. But I simply don`t buy into this apology-for-apology`s-sake-culture, I`d rather want the club doing something more appropriate and personal when the time comes.

I reckon there is a reason why other clubs a) have not issued anything yet either and b) it is us being specifically asked for apologies  time and again, not them. Soon we`ll have the first "Old Firm Child Abuse Shame" headline ...

7 minutes ago, der Berliner said:

other clubs a) have not issued anything yet either

Partick Thistle issued an immediate apology.

There's nothing to suggest the club are doing anything about what happened.  Contacting the victims and asking what can be done would surely be a better course of action than generic apologies prompted by a (delayed and edited) report, issued by an untrustworthy organisation.

1 hour ago, der Berliner said:

NB: And I would like to add that citing Celtic`s quick response is fine, yet all these citations miss out on the fact that they - in the same statement - began the myth that their boys club was a seperate entity.

I don't see the relevance in other club's responses, particularly in a matter like this. 

Rangers only comment pre-report was to claim it was an oldco matter, so I fail to see why you think that the club knows what it is doing.