[FT] Rangers 1 (Jack 38) - 0 Kilmarnock

1 hour ago, Ted McMinnime said:

Yes it will be great to have Alfredo back. Not just for his goals, his all round contribution and link up play have been sorely missed in the last 3 games. Lets all hope he can reign in the petulance for the run in. Just to accentuate the lack of goals in the last 3 games - Hagi, Jack and the other an own goal v Hamilton. ?

We just aren't anywhere near the same team without him. 

46 minutes ago, CammyF said:

If Tavs goal had been allowed to stand, if we had gotten a legitimate penalty when Tav was tripped in the box, and if Aribo had scored we wouldn't be having this conversation. Oh and Balagun "foul" was outside the box......

You want to talk about improvement? Fine. Let's talk about improvement.

Qualified top of a very difficult EL group whilst not losing a game. Sit top of the league, yet to lose a game in the league. Conceded one goal at home in the league thus far whilst scoring 40 goals and dropping 0 points. Now compare and contrast to last season - no improvement? 

One domestic defeat all season and 4 wins away from claiming our 1st title in 10 years after being hours away from not being able to field a team away to Brechin in those dark days. The journey struggling against the likes of Alloa, Peterhead, Berwick Rangers et al. Struggling to get out of the championship and being humiliated by Motherwell in that play off. Losing to Raith in the Mickey Mouse Cup Final at Easter Road. Still not seeing any improvement? 

Best unbeaten run in the club's history after eclipsing Walter Smith's record (what a team that was), 1 game away from breaking the clean sheet record. Still not seeing any improvement?

Some Rangers fans need to remember where we've came from, remember last season, remember we have no devine right to win any game of football nevermind winning it 4 or 5-0, this has to be earned and this season, the team have (THUS FAR) stood 99% of the time and delivered. They just need to deliver another 4 times this season to become immortals. If that isn't improvement then I'm the leader of The Green Brigade.

Since SG came in we have improved all the time, yet we have some fans saying ''he hasn't won anything yet'', true, but I find it difficult to understand that reasoning! should SG have won something by now? it's a long road to get that from where we were when he came in, I think he has done excellent and it is only a matter of time when he does win trophies! I'm delighted what he(and his staff) has done in such a short period, in fact he is going to be under more pressure next season and onwards to win silverware!. Let's just enjoy what he is doing for now.

Today was the most walteresque performance of the season , it actually brought back memories of yold .

Its coming home , 10 years of pain is over , plus they have imploded , raise a glass troops #55

46 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

Since SG came in we have improved all the time, yet we have some fans saying ''he hasn't won anything yet'', true, but I find it difficult to understand that reasoning! should SG have won something by now? it's a long road to get that from where we were when he came in, I think he has done excellent and it is only a matter of time when he does win trophies! I'm delighted what he(and his staff) has done in such a short period, in fact he is going to be under more pressure next season and onwards to win silverware!. Let's just enjoy what he is doing for now.

Honestly mate, I don't care how we get over the line, as long as we do and as soon as possible ?

If we do and I'm celebrating and eradicating 10 years of hurt and anger, I certainly won't be thinking back to certain games and thinking, "well it's all well and good winning the league, but remember that game in February against Killie that we won 1-0, we should have played better". 

I'll be too busy setting of fire works, smoke bombs, flying flags (joking obviously ???), all social distanced and respecting whatever rules that are in place.....

53 minutes ago, ian1964 said:

This is true. He might not have won anything yet but who could have expected him to? He joined a team with half the budget of Celtic and yet has moulded them into a side that hopefully will win the league in the next few weeks. In 2018 it was not possible to believe that Rangers could even mount a decent challenge for the league an nobody should have set a target of 2021. He has shown himself to be a fantastic leader. I won't believe the league is won until it is won but things are looking good.

31 minutes ago, Biblio said:

This is true. He might not have won anything yet but who could have expected him to? He joined a team with half the budget of Celtic and yet has moulded them into a side that hopefully will win the league in the next few weeks. In 2018 it was not possible to believe that Rangers could even mount a decent challenge for the league an nobody should have set a target of 2021. He has shown himself to be a fantastic leader. I won't believe the league is won until it is won but things are looking good.

When SG was announced as our manager I was quite excited because of who he is, but I wasn't sure this job was for a ''rookie!'', I would have much preferred a more experienced manager, however the club(Dave King) took a gamble and it seems to paying off, so far, but I have to be honest I didn't think it was the correct appointment due to his inexperience, but the evidence is there for all to see just how good a manager he is and is destined for great things as a manger, there is no doubt he will eventually leave and go on to greater things as a manger, but I really think we should all enjoy and appreciate he is our manager while he is still here, I love his enthusiasm for the game and he is a very proud man to be managing Rangers, he is an honest man as is evident in his post match interviews, he is about to become a Rangers legend and wherever he ends up in the future he will always be proud to have managed Rangers.

I just hope his next move is a long way off.