Re-refereeing and the failure to comply

32 minutes ago, compo said:

Best to get back to a referee in charge and his decision is final .

Yes, it's strange how we keep on having to re-invent what we once decided was wrong and threw away. I think that's the one consistent aspect of society that never changes. The mistake was giving plebs and women the vote ?

• Frankie changed the title to Re-refereeing and the failure to comply

The system is a joke and has clear flaws. Let's focus on the Roofe incident. It's a red card, it's reckless and dangerous albeit non violent conduct. The referee books him(coming back to this). 

The incident is flagged by whomever as well as given maximum exposure on Tbs and from there the CO goes to the ref asking if he saw all of the incident. 

This is to me coercion. In asking the referee this question it indicates to him his mistake is apparent and has been highlighted. Natural instinct is to protect himself in many if not all occasions. 

But the question should also be raised of if you didn't see all of the incident then how can you constitute that it is a yellow card offence? Makes absolutely no sense at all and makes you wonder just how much peer pressure was in his ears inside the corridors of the sfa to "have another few looks at it, are you sure about this one son?" 

Of course there's plenty not being cited. St Johnston boy on Roofe earlier in the season, the lad for Hamilton on goldson just last week where he's looking at the goldson before he delivers a forearm/elbow... (Alfie was done for pretty much the same and one of the reasons was it was premeditated), Kane for St Johnston with a reckless studs up challenge on Davis in the recent game at Ibrox, nothing done there... 

The whole thing is a disgrace and I'm sure the club will be doing all they can to make changes but not holding my breath. 

Back in the dying days of the Murray regime Rangers had no representation in the governing bodies of Scottish football. I always remember David Leggat making this point in his daily leggoland blog at the time.

the yahoos then took all the positions of power & have been there ever since.

The end result is the here for all to see now. A game that is corrupt & rotten to the core which sponsors won’t touch with a barge pole 

Edited by RANGERRAB

23 minutes ago, RANGERRAB said:

Back in the dying days of the Murray regime Rangers had no representation in the governing bodies of Scottish football. I always remember David Leggat making this point in his daily leggoland blog at the time.

the yahoos then took all the positions of power & have been there ever since.

The end result is the here for all to see now. A game that is corrupt & rotten to the core which sponsors won’t touch with a barge pole 

Whatever became of Mr Leggat haven't heard of him in a long time 

Edited by compo