Ex-MP Natalie McGarry jailed for 18 months for embezzlement

8 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Thanks, seems strange that she was released post sentencing rather than hearing the appeal whilst doing her time.

Definitely.  I think it’s because she was denied the chance to change her plea which has resulted in there being a mistrial of some sort.  

18 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

Thanks, seems strange that she was released post sentencing rather than hearing the appeal whilst doing her time.

The law in Scotland plays second fiddle to the separatist cause, and weird things happen in court rooms when it's something that may harm the interests of nationalists.

1 hour ago, Scott7 said:

The Law in Scotland is rife with nats at the upper levels perhaps not so much in the backwoods but I think the withdrawal of a guilty plea was allowed under the direction of euro-human-rights nonsense.

I cant remember anyone pleading guilty and being sentenced then saying I am changing my plea , old lord Cameron's wig would have been doing somersaults if anyone pulled that one in his court .

Cornton Vale has been demolished. The female prisoner population of Scotland is now scattered to four regional facilities ie a wing at each of the formerly mens' prisons in Edinburgh, Greenock, Kilmarnock, and Grampian. I believe we are talking approx 350 places maximum.

The Scottish Government has already stated it does not want to jail women, unless extreme circumstances dictate. McGarry married a Glasgow Tory Councillor and now has a pre-school age daughter. I do not believe she will be imprisoned in the future, whatever the outcome of her re-trial?

6 hours ago, 26th of foot said:

The Scottish Government has already stated it does not want to jail women

Considering Humza & co are on the gender fluidity bandwagon, it should be quite easy for any bloke to avoid a prison sentence from here on in.

"Your honour, I identify as a woman." - hey presto, Community Service. 

On 17/02/2021 at 21:34, Gonzo79 said:

Considering Humza & co are on the gender fluidity bandwagon, it should be quite easy for any bloke to avoid a prison sentence from here on in.

"Your honour, I identify as a woman." - hey presto, Community Service. 

Seems to have worked for Wee Nippy.