Champions League

Was going to put this in Craig's Barca finance thread but obviously other games to mention.

However - I didnt see that result coming last night. PSG absolutely mauling Barca on their own patch. Barcelona must be a in a bit of a crisis, they have turned their league form around but are still too far behind Atletico so I thought everything would have went into the CL this season. I dont think they will do a repeat of 2017 when they came back from 4-0 down against PSG.

It doesnt help Koeman having a laugh with PSG player Gueye after the game.

Messi must be thinking about moving on this summer but I still see him signing a new contract depending on how Barca can bring in but with their finances they could tumble.

Liverpool with a routine win.

Tonight:

Porto v Juventus

Sevilla v Borussia Dortmund

The way Man City are playing Id be tipping them to win it this year.

12 hours ago, Gribz said:

Glad I didnt do a prediction last night, Id have had both wrong.

I thought Juve would have got a result in Porto and with Dortmund poor domestic form I thought Sevilla would have won that.

That Porto v Juventus score shows just how far we have come as a team ourselves

• 3 weeks later...

Juventus out. I thought they were in with a shout this year.

I am against the away goals rule in general but after 90 minutes in the second leg it should be scrapped. It gives the away side in 2nd leg an extra 30 minutes to score an away goal.

VAR in the Dortmund game - that couldnt have been made up.

Its the first real look Ive had at Haaland, he is an absolute beast which I didnt realise. I dont think Roy Keane would do the same to him as he did his father. 

I thought Werner was more of a goal machine in Germany but he doesnt have a patch on Haaland. I dont like comparing players but he looked like a peak Van Nistelrooy with more power and aggression in his play.

4 hours ago, Gribz said:

I am against the away goals rule in general but after 90 minutes in the second leg it should be scrapped. It gives the away side in 2nd leg an extra 30 minutes to score an away goal.

Correct.

Its hard to judge the quality and differences of overseas leagues when you see Leipzig second in the German league not even being able to show up against a currently poor Liverpool side.

Dortmund struggling in the German league were the better side against Sevilla - Spains 4th club.

Half of the Quarter final line up:

Borussia Dortmund

PSG

Porto

Liverpool

Man City, Bayern and Real Madrid look cert to join them. The one tie thats in the balance is Chelsea v Atletico.