Bayern Munich v PSG

Porto v Chelsea

Real Madrid v Liverpool

Then the semi-final Draw

Bayern or PSG v Man City or Borussia Dortmund

Real Madrid or Liverpool v Porto or Chelsea

I think Bayern v Man City in Semi Final 1

Real Madrid v Chelsea in Semi Final 2

I agree with City v Bayern, but the Madrid/Liverpool game could go either way. Both teams are playing poorly this season, but like you i would slightly favour Madrid especially if they can finally get a tune out of Hazard and their knowhow in Europe. 

4 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

I agree with City v Bayern, but the Madrid/Liverpool game could go either way. Both teams are playing poorly this season, but like you i would slightly favour Madrid especially if they can finally get a tune out of Hazard and their knowhow in Europe. 

I think Benzema will be the difference. He is on form and will be happy to play against Liverpool's make shift centre halfs. They should get a lead in the 1st leg at home and hold onto it an Anfield as there will be no 12th man (crowd) to help turn it around.

Personally I dont like or have e ever liked this whole champions league competition since the beginning when you let in a bunch of also rans in effect giving you a scenario of a team deemed the fourth best in their country being called champions of Europe,.

No only champions can truly be called champions by playing in a proper knockout tournament with none of this seeding nonsense. 

On 20/03/2021 at 10:48, compo said:

Personally I dont like or have e ever liked this whole champions league competition since the beginning when you let in a bunch of also rans in effect giving you a scenario of a team deemed the fourth best in their country being called champions of Europe,.

No only champions can truly be called champions by playing in a proper knockout tournament with none of this seeding nonsense. 

Yep, I agree with that and its has massively diluted the UEFA (Europa). I say bring back the Cup Winners Cup also. But when you feed the seagulls fish they are coming back for more and now the 4-5 top leagues wouldnt go anywhere near the former European Cup.

5 hours ago, BlackSocksRedTops said:

For some reason I've got a crazy feeling Liverpool will win the damn thing outright. Football is weird game and the CL could be a welcome change from their domestic chores. Much like us in 72.

Nah, not for me. Far too weak at the back and stale in the midfield this season. Man City ripped them apart in the league 4-1 at Anfield and would do the same. Bayern would hit them for about 5. Chelsea wouldn't concede against them.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you are going to get an extended champions league full of teams that aren't champions,  ffs bring back the old European cup that was contested by the champions of their own country. 

I fancy Dortmund in the second leg.

Fantastic result for PSG, didnt see that one coming.

Chelsea quietly coming through. Thats the best result of the games.

Edited by Gribz