Champions League

15 minutes ago, compo said:

If the French lot had came out in the second half and played football instead of adopting a rather cynical approach they might have won 

City moved up the park and stopped PSG playing, it was impressive tactics from Pep. But prior to the first goal I was saying to myself City need a striker to win this competition as they were just moving the ball around side to side looking to break down PSG - then bang its 1-1 - what do I know! As good as City were second half there was a hint of luck about De Bruyne goal, its a cross that had some curve at the last bounce.

The Europa tonight Im going for two home wins.

Man Utd 2-0 Roma

Villarreal 2-1 Arsenal

Edited by Gribz

9 hours ago, ChelseaBoy said:

I was thinking that, he would be a good fit if he could get a run of games. Also what about Drinkwater, if he can find his Leicester form he would be a nugget in midfield and probably get for a good price? 

Yes, good player, but, at 31, not for me. 

Man Utd are in the final. If they got Cavani 5 years ago he'd have surpassed 100 goals for them - what a striker he is.

I wonder if they win it does the 5th place Premier team get into the CL. Hopefully thats the way West Ham get in but how bad would it be if thats the case and Liverpool end up in the CL due to Man Utd.

Villarreal must be kicking themselves conceding.

City are there. Much stronger than PSG over two games.

Playing like this I dont see Chelsea or Real stopping them. I know Chelsea won the FA Cup semi final but it was a changed side that day.

A good performance from city last night , very impressive 

And anyone who took the bet of first scorer and result will be paid out at a nice 30/1 this morning. 

Edited by compo

6 hours ago, Gribz said:

City are there. Much stronger than PSG over two games.

Playing like this I dont see Chelsea or Real stopping them. I know Chelsea won the FA Cup semi final but it was a changed side that day.

City have been strong all season, but it has been puntuated with strange losses/performances, like the one at Old Trafford, Leeds and Spurs and in the FA Cup Semi - they are prone to a failure, especially against sides that can keep it tight then break with speed. And yes i am hoping for that if Chelsea get there!

11 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I too hope Chelsea get through and go on to beat the plastics. 

I believe the trophy is bound for the Bridge but if the definition of plasticity is massive injection of spurious foreign money, Chelsea is the founding member of that society.

I’ve never been keen on Chelsea since the Kings Road/Celebrity culture that surrounded the club in the sixties so I prefer Plastic City to Plastic Chelsea despite Mourhino 1 having produced one of the best sides I’ve ever seen.

28 minutes ago, Rousseau said:

I too hope Chelsea get through and go on to beat the plastics. 

The semi-finals include three 'plastic' clubs and one traditional giant, albeit a giant in ridiculous amounts of debt and prone to skullduggery.

I though Ruben Diaz was terrific last night - one of the best defensive performances I've ever seen. 

I think Chelsea will win it.