Champions League

1 hour ago, ChelseaBoy said:

City have been strong all season, but it has been puntuated with strange losses/performances, like the one at Old Trafford, Leeds and Spurs and in the FA Cup Semi - they are prone to a failure, especially against sides that can keep it tight then break with speed. And yes i am hoping for that if Chelsea get there!

I dont think they have been as good as two seasons ago due to their slow league start and the odd off performance as you mentioned but its been a slight tweak in formation which probably took a few weeks to get use to along with adapting without Silva and Kompany (more so last season) but in Foden and Diaz they have solved that issue. Id still have Aguero up top - his finish on Saturday was a rocket. 

30 minutes ago, compo said:

Two English sides taking fans to Istanbul were covid is soaring what a balls up , play the game at Wembley you twats 

Never underestimate the stupidity of UEFA, as these where the clowns that sent Chelsea and Arsenal to Baku where hardly anyone could get to. But well done the Blue boys.  

Villa Park bidding to take the CL final rather than going to Istanbul - makes sense especially with empty grounds. Villa Park should still be used for FA Cup semi finals.

Man Utd v Villarreal in the Europa Final - Arsenal were poor and bar Aubameyang's half chances they didnt look like scoring. It is the Unai Emery cup - his 5th final. But after watching them Man Utd have nothing to fear and should win that comfortably.

I think it will be a Manchester double on the Euro fronts.

On 06/05/2021 at 22:24, Gribz said:

Villa Park bidding to take the CL final rather than going to Istanbul - makes sense especially with empty grounds. Villa Park should still be used for FA Cup semi finals.

Man Utd v Villarreal in the Europa Final - Arsenal were poor and bar Aubameyang's half chances they didnt look like scoring. It is the Unai Emery cup - his 5th final. But after watching them Man Utd have nothing to fear and should win that comfortably.

I think it will be a Manchester double on the Euro fronts.

? ? 

Final moved from Istanbul to Porto. Obviously a move that benefits UEFA and its sponsors more than the two clubs. Hosting it in England was easily the best option.

Even more baffling is the Super Cup later in the year likely to be moved from Belfast to Istanbul despite the final likely to be between two English Clubs. Either Chelsea or Man City will likely play Man Utd unless Villarreal win the Europa - UEFA have offered this to Istanbul along with the 2023 CL final.

• 2 weeks later...

Still a couple of predictions to do starting tonight in the Uni Emery Cup.

I didnt think Villarreal were anything good against Arsenal but did enough. Man Utd have match winners and are on a bit of a high and I cant see them not winning.

Villarreal 0-2 Man Utd