Champions League

Best final for a while for the neutral.

Very well deserved from Chelsea. Tuchel has Peps number, 3 wins in a row.

A lot is being made how Pep got it wrong but Tuchel got it equally right. I actually wonder if Pep may fancy a change of scenery and head back to Barca.

Pep not starting with a holding midfielder was wrong and he should have changed it at half time - plus he just randomly positioned his 6 midfielders out on the park. But if you dont play a holding midfielder at least play a striker to give some shape.

Chelsea superbly never let any of Citys key players have any space. Kante was just immense and Azpilicueta was superb.

I like Havertz he will only get better and has the potential to be one of the best players in the league.

You have to ask have Chelsea overtaken Arsenal as Londons elite side?

Trophy Count:

Europe: Chelsea 6-1 Arsenal (Not including Super Cup or Inter-cities Cup) (2-0 in the big one - Champions League)

League Titles: Chelsea 6-13 Arsenal

FA Cups: Chelsea 8-14 Arsenal

League Cups: Chelsea 5-2 Arsenal

Total: Chelsea 25-30 Arsenal

4 hours ago, Gribz said:

Best final for a while for the neutral.

Very well deserved from Chelsea. Tuchel has Peps number, 3 wins in a row.

A lot is being made how Pep got it wrong but Tuchel got it equally right. I actually wonder if Pep may fancy a change of scenery and head back to Barca.

Pep not starting with a holding midfielder was wrong and he should have changed it at half time - plus he just randomly positioned his 6 midfielders out on the park. But if you dont play a holding midfielder at least play a striker to give some shape.

Chelsea superbly never let any of Citys key players have any space. Kante was just immense and Azpilicueta was superb.

No. As much as I dislike City, it's not random; It never is with Pep. 

You can say that, but for most of the season they played with Rodri as DM, who can't defend at all, and no striker, and yet they've absolutely dominated. 

Pep went with more midfielders because he wanted to play a 3-4-3 in possession, with the '4' as a diamond, trying to overload Chelsea's midfield, and to anticipate those aggressive wide CBs (Rudiger and Azpi) and get in behind. 

The trouble was, that Chelsea dropped their front three deeper to compensate, so space was at a minimum, and added to that, Chelsea's players won every one-on-one. Brilliant defending.

Stirling was probably given a starting spot because of his pace 1-on-1, but the trouble is he's had a poor season. If he beats James (tough ask), then Azpi cleans up. 

Of course, it helps to have Kante who covers every blade of grass. The man's a machine. 

Correct result unfortunately

Rousseau is right. Chelsea’s defence was brilliant

Bill could have been right. A matter of inches and City could have scored four.  A David Silva would have ensured that the inches were in City’s favour. An Aguero would have ensured the dividend.

Sterling has enhanced his musculature at the expense of pace. Not good for a winger. He must be planning retirement to midfield.

A goal down into the  last half hour, who do you bring on? Fernandhino?

What was Mahrez so agitated about in the tunnel before the second half? 

Kante, a superb football player. Stage manager for the artists.

Last game of the season and my pre semi final prediction is correct. More’s the pity.

1 hour ago, Rousseau said:

No. As much as I dislike City, it's not random; It never is with Pep. 

You can say that, but for most of the season they played with Rodri as DM, who can't defend at all, and no striker, and yet they've absolutely dominated. 

Pep went with more midfielders because he wanted to play a 3-4-3 in possession, with the '4' as a diamond, trying to overload Chelsea's midfield, and to anticipate those aggressive wide CBs (Rudiger and Azpi) and get in behind. 

The trouble was, that Chelsea dropped their front three deeper to compensate, so space was at a minimum, and added to that, Chelsea's players won every one-on-one. Brilliant defending.

Stirling was probably given a starting spot because of his pace 1-on-1, but the trouble is he's had a poor season. If he beats James (tough ask), then Azpi cleans up. 

Of course, it helps to have Kante who covers every blade of grass. The man's a machine. 

Yeah random was probably the wrong choice of word, what I was more meaning was the changing around of the false 9 he plays. He has these 5 or 6 players and they have been moved around into different slots throughout the season. De Bruyne should have been deployed deeper to get on the ball and dictate the game then they could probably have got away with no DM.

Torres is a form player and I was surprised he never started.

But Chelsea played with hunger and intensity and were impressive. Some of the defensive blocks were cracking but unlike a Mourinho type team they were ready to break. The more I see of Tuchel the more I like him and think he is going to be a superb coach in the Premier League.

Missed the game,  but was delighted for the Abu Dhabi Franchise. Coming 2nd is not to be scoffed at

Pretty good for £2billion, or whatever the team cost.

I wonder if The Creepy One will head back to the Costa Brava.

Perhaps he will just console himself with spending another £250/£350/£400M on players.

It is a great, profound, historic, tactical innovation to buy the best players you can get you hands on for every position, then buy the second best players you can buy for every position, and then buy a few spares. Amazing that no one thought of it before Old Baldy. 

Herr Tuchel, however, seems to have the measure of him. Very impressive, given that he has only been i/c for 30 games or so, that none of the players are "his",  and that they had given every indication of having chucked it under Frank Lampard.

Der Neue Special One? Or just a new manager bounce?

Edited by Uilleam

55 minutes ago, Scott7 said:

Last game of the season and my pre semi final prediction is correct. More’s the pity.

Easy tiger - There is about 50 Euro Championship games coming up to predict  :thup: